Verizon 5G Rant

That's really impressive, if you care about data (I don't). All I want is a reliable phone and it seems as more and more hype is butterered all over 5G the less reliable the plain old phone function is becoming. It reminds me of the old horsepower races of the sixties, the more HP in the engine the less reliable the car became, or the stereo wattage wars of the 70s-80s where as the WPC number went up the quality coming out of the speakers went down. Let's stop the stupidity and get back to providing reliable quality telephone service.
I consistently get 125+ Mbps d/l on Mint Mobile.

2g is text messaging only...data didn't start until 3g( very limited)

I'm not sure what 'G' it was, but I was paying $5/month extra in 2005 for Nextel Wireless Web on my i850 iDEN phone and it had a java web browser and I was able to browse websites. Something tells me that it was not 3G but since you're always right about everything, it must have been.

• Haha
Reactions: primestar31
I'm not sure what 'G' it was, but I was paying $5/month extra in 2005 for Nextel Wireless Web on my i850 iDEN phone and it had a java web browser and I was able to browse websites. Something tells me that it was not 3G but since you're always right about everything, it must have been.
I guess...not everyone enjoys using a browser at 56k speeds...but to each his own....3g is a marketing term...it means different things to different providers

It kills me when people use a voice assistant to post on social media or a marketplace.
Especially when they have a heavy southern drawl or a buh-rwooklyn accent.
"I got's a mopa fo fotty fer sale with stock boar an maysures fo pernt thutty too". Price fi fitty y'all come n git it.

60 Mbps really isn't that impressive. I was getting that in the basement at work when T-Mobile turned on band 71 LTE.

This is the fastest I've ever got, but 330 x 100 isn't that impressive either, but it's n71 NR, so I feel it's respectable.

There's a YouTube video from last summer of 2 Gbps on Verizon mmWave in Vegas

And really screw the 21st century! Texting is stupid, watching video on a 6" screen is stupid, smartphones are stupid. Call quality on landlines is typically superior to cell phones, typing on on-screen keyboards suck. I don't text, I refuse to text. You want to get a hold of me, you call. I'm not wasting my time volleying messages back and fourth all day long when a 3 minute voice conversation can be had. I will not watch video on a tiny screen when I have a 55" TV w/ 7.1 audio. I will not use a tiny phone as a computer when I have an i7 Extreme powered desktop and Xeon powered laptop connected to dual 27" displays. I will not use the inferior camera on a phone when I have a $800 Alpha with interchangeable lenses, allowing for real zoom capabilities with real external storage.

For me, my smartphone has been regulated to nothing more than a mobile hotspot and media player to stream podcasts, audiobooks and Sirius XM at work and in the car.

Reactions: Comptech
I guess...not everyone enjoys using a browser at 56k speeds...but to each his own....3g is a marketing term...it means different things to different providers
Of course its a marketing term. You're the one saying data didn't start until 3G and I'm telling you that you're wrong.

The point is mobile data existed on a sub-3G technology, how many people used it (and there were quite a few) is not relevant.