Verizon HTC Droid Incredible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Most likely there were not too many takers to start with, but Google announced the Nexus One won't be offered through Verizon and is going as far as recommending to get the Incredible
Google updates Nexus One page, tells Verizon customers to get a Droid Incredible instead (update: the Verizon Nexus One is dead) -- Engadget
We won't be selling a Nexus One with Verizon, and this is a reflection of the amazing innovation happening across the open Android ecosystem. Verizon Wireless customers who want an Android phone with the power of the Nexus One can get the Droid Incredible by HTC.

It would be interesting to know who's initiative this was - Google's or Verizon's.

Verizon could try to minimize competition (confusion?) between two Android handsets by cancelling one...
Or maybe Google is close to releasing Nexus Two and is slowing down with N1 production (or redirecting to the just opened UK market)...

I think Google should stay ahead by pushing Android capabilities... And offer them in a carrier-free unlocked form aka Nexus N.
This way it is clear what will be mainstream in a year or so and you can have these features now in a premium priced product.

A bit similar to Intel CPU marketing and the opposite to Apple's...

Diogen.

Last edited:
No indication internally from verizon that they will be getting the iphone.....when I see something I can give anyone I will let yall know. But you will probalby know anyway...LOL

Interesting how smart phones are running a 2 month obsolescence cycle these days, especially htc, while iphone is annual. Used to be Blackberry was annual too.

Single provider of hardware and service, it doesn't compete against other devices w/ the same OS, so no competition or reason to innovate in the iphone. Apple makes much more money by milking it and slowly releasing features.

Think about the timeline... HTC let Motorola take all the credit as the first "true" Android phone. It is still a nice device. Then they had Google approach them about Nexus One... So they started developing a phone for Google... What no one expected was for HTC to be building a competitive phone in the same timeline. Not only did they build one, they built TWO! The EVO 4G on sprint actually has a bigger screen, two cameras, and a few other toys. I just got my incredible today, so I haven't come up with a review yet. However, this thing is impressive so far. I'm the kind of guy that can stand in a room of directors and talk forever, but I can't put it on paper to save my life. So if RockyMtn or anybody else can help me with an outline or something, maybe I can put something on paper.

It wont take long to root. I have my Droid rooted and running a Cyanogen Rom. Tethering is nice to have when I need it.

As for the Incredible. the phone looks amazing. My wife is thinking of dumping her Curve and going to an Android device. Since she wants a Physical Keyboard she may get my Droid and I will move to the Incredible.

Think about the timeline... HTC let Motorola take all the credit as the first "true" Android phone. It is still a nice device. Then they had Google approach them about Nexus One... So they started developing a phone for Google... What no one expected was for HTC to be building a competitive phone in the same timeline. Not only did they build one, they built TWO! The EVO 4G on sprint actually has a bigger screen, two cameras, and a few other toys. I just got my incredible today, so I haven't come up with a review yet. However, this thing is impressive so far. I'm the kind of guy that can stand in a room of directors and talk forever, but I can't put it on paper to save my life. So if RockyMtn or anybody else can help me with an outline or something, maybe I can put something on paper.
Yeah, since HTC produced the original Android G1 phone back in 2008, they had some "practice" to get it right this time.

I've had my Incredible for 2 days now, and as far as I can tell, they got it right. This is my first "smart phone", so I can't compare it to another, but it's amazing. My biggest complaint so far is the battery life. I barely made it through the day on a single charge. But that's with me messing with apps, google maps, and web browsing a lot. I have a 1-hour train ride each way to work, so I have been messing with Google maps satellite view to see where the train is.

Yeah, since HTC produced the original Android G1 phone back in 2008, they had some "practice" to get it right this time.

I've had my Incredible for 2 days now, and as far as I can tell, they got it right. This is my first "smart phone", so I can't compare it to another, but it's amazing. My biggest complaint so far is the battery life. I barely made it through the day on a single charge. But that's with me messing with apps, google maps, and web browsing a lot. I have a 1-hour train ride each way to work, so I have been messing with Google maps satellite view to see where the train is.

Getting through one day with any smartphone you use as much as you use a droid is good. But remember, your battery needs some time to properly condition. Give it a few weeks.

That said, when I travel, I bring a spare battery. They are cheap. Thing #247 you can't do on the magical phone.

Getting through one day with any smartphone you use as much as you use a droid is good. But remember, your battery needs some time to properly condition. Give it a few weeks.

That said, when I travel, I bring a spare battery. They are cheap. Thing #247 you can't do on the magical phone.
Well that's not entirely true. Can't you get an external battery that basically doubles the battery life? Still, I do agree that having a true "spare" battery is the more ideal solution. I was shocked when my Motorola Q9h came with a regular AND an extended battery for me to use, and I commonly swap between them to keep their life up, although I think in a few months I'll be putting it up here in the classified section (and get absolutely NO takers.. ;p )

Well that's not entirely true. Can't you get an external battery that basically doubles the battery life? Still, I do agree that having a true "spare" battery is the more ideal solution. I was shocked when my Motorola Q9h came with a regular AND an extended battery for me to use, and I commonly swap between them to keep their life up, although I think in a few months I'll be putting it up here in the classified section (and get absolutely NO takers.. ;p )

I guess. I have had an "external" battery for my ipod - which worked until the latest version of the ipod came out (now it is a brick, since they did something with the latest software to not permit such connections; including charging from an older APPLE charger :rolleyes: ).

what you describe does provide a recharge, but lets be honest, you have to tether it. As you say, that's not "ideal." A phone that has a removable battery is inherently more convenient and useful. Apple has never made anything convenient.

Doc Roc:

LiIon batteries do not need "conditioning" that was true only of NiCAD packs which are not used in these devices. Aside from power density the second main advantage for LiION technology is that they do not develop memory or require conditioning.

I've always carried a spare battery in my belt case for my phone which usually lasts for about 6-8 hours depending on use. The spare makes it possible to get through a long day without needing a charge. Then my charger I have is a dual phone/spare battery charger so I can do both at the same time.

Last edited:
Received mine on Thursday and it truly is an Incredible phone. I never thought I would like HTC Sense as much as I do. It gives the phone more of a webOS feel which I like. The bigger processor completely eliminates the slight lag I would have with the Droid (not overclocked though). The only advantage I feel the Droid has is a higher resolution screen but the colors are more vivid on the Incredible. If you are in the market for a smartphone I don't think there is a better option than the Incredible.

Doc Roc:

LiIon batteries do not need "conditioning" that was true only of NiCAD packs which are not used in these devices. Aside from power density the second main advantage for LiION technology is that they do not develop memory or require conditioning.

I've always carried a spare battery in my belt case for my phone which usually lasts for about 6-8 hours depending on use. The spare makes it possible to get through a long day without needing a charge. Then my charger I have is a dual phone/spare battery charger so I can do both at the same time.

Well, I said it wrong - but I recall digiblur making a pretty strong argument about how it still takes a few weeks for you to be able to tell how much battery life you get with a new device; I think it was in the original Droid thread when it came out, but don't remember.

I only care a spare when I am traveling, during a work day I never have an issue; I have a charger in my office if I need it, but I don't tend to use the Droid nearly as much as when I am out of the office.

Here's a rather amusing story about the Incredible. I doubt anyone here will be affected by it and it appears to be a Verizon issue as opposed to the actual phone, but it is a little odd that only Incredible customers appear to be having this:

HTC Incredible suffering random reboots for Tar Heel fans and Duke devotees? -- Engadget

Did not see that story, but there are numerous reports about power cycling issues with the Incredible in parts of the south. Not sure why.

I'd have to agree with the battery conditioning theory. I've had three new Blackberry's (work and personal) that have all had poor battery performance the first few days after regular charging. After those first few days of use and charging the batteries became more than sufficient to get through a day and then some.

One of things I was concerned with when I got my first BB was the battery life due to the data usage, etc. For the first day or two I was disappointed that it wouldn't make it through the day without the battery becoming very low, but then it it seemed to get better and now I have plenty in reserve by the time I plug it in at night. This was true with the next two BB's I got as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)