Verizon Iphone screen Cap?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Possible Verizon iPhone found in screen cap | Electronista

iphone-verizonrumorlg1.jpg

Electronista today received potential evidence of a Verizon-capable iPhone. Sources have provided a screen capture from an iPhone in the San Francisco Bay Area that shows "Verizon" as the carrier ID. The tip comes with warnings that no more information can be disclosed just this moment but also that more should become apparent in the near future.
While the capture itself (only a portion of which is seen below for the sake of the source) is believed to be genuine, the authenticity of the ID itself is difficult to determine. Readers should take severe caution as it's possible to fake the carrier ID with a modified iPhone. However, such a modification would be unusual as current iPhones use GSM, not CDMA, and would expose the inaccuracy of trying to associate a present-day model with an incompatible network.

Notably, current Verizon phones will usually identify the network as "Verizon Wireless," but only if space allows. The tight spacing in an iPhone's status bar potentially shortens this to "Verizon."

If accurate, the slip suggests testing for an iPhone that supports CDMA and which would be the first official non-AT&T iPhone in the US. Apple's exclusivity deal with AT&T is widely rumored as ending this year, but most observers have expected any announcements to wait until WWDC takes place in June. The new data would instead imply that AT&T's deal ended with the start of the year, and the allusion to more details soon hints that Apple may use an event such as its rumored January 27th tablet-focused gathering to expand its US carrier range.

Again, Electronista stresses that the information can't be completely verified and that at least some of the sources' claimed knowledge may be inaccurate. We post what we have obtained primarily for reference's sake and due to the coincidental timing.

This is is a load of Bull $hit. Take a lot on my screen and it only took me 10 seconds to do it.
Some frigging idiots have too much time on their hands.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.png
    IMG_0102.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 179
This is is a load of Bull $hit. Take a lot on my screen and it only took me 10 seconds to do it.
Some frigging idiots have too much time on their hands.

That is what I was thinking, I could do it in a couple minutes with photoshop... May as well show Sprint....

A way Apple could make a real impact with a verizon version would be if they wait until much later in the year and introduce an LTE/ World phone version for all carriers. Introducing just a CDMA version iphone would not be very unique at this time. Apple needs to be a first and LTE could do that.

I agree that this screen capture is likely a hoax. A news worthy item would be an FCC filing, so wake me up when someone has something like that to report.

There has been a lot of speculation about Verizon and Apple testing SOMETHING (slate, iPhone, Mini iphone etc) for some time. Screen caps like this are not really news and as others have pointed out are easily faked.

Last edited:
Another easy way to change carrier name is to install MIM (Make it Mine) from Cydia. Click on MIM and type in your preferred carrier name and choose to change the carrier or banner name. That's what I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts