Aug 24, 2005
Md

Attachments

• vzwdeal.png
    vzwdeal.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited by a moderator:
normally its
access + data + data + text + text for main and access + data + text for additiona
89.99 + 29.99 +29.99 +19.99 +19.99 = 170 for 2 lines, add 9.99+29.99+19.99=60 for each additiona line over

this is 140 + 20 per additional line
its minimal with 2 line @ 30 a month, but get to 4 lines and it should be $90 a month savings

if you have more then 1 smart phone look at your current plan

i added this and data to my wifes line, went from 250 texts a month on each line to unlimited and increased the price by $10 a month

if i had just added a data plan wthout this it woulda added 30 a month

that does not seem to be much of a deal to me. What am I missing?
It's not a "big" deal, i.e. savings. It would save my wife and I $10/mo. They usually make these new plans and promote them wildly when if people break things down, some people might save a little or most will still be paying the same or very close. They tried numerous times to get me to upgrade to their "current" calling plans because "it includes unlimited text", etc, etc. The base price was higher than I currently pay, negating the "unlimited" feature. I told them to "quote" me the new plan price with same options and they gave me a price. I asked (I knew) "how much do I pay each month now?" and they tell me ... and get kinda quiet. :D They'd still come back to "but it's our current plan" like I'm to think my plan is obsolete and will stop working.

Give me fewer minute options for a lower price and I'd jump on it. $30/mo/phone for data is the most painful part for us (*2 phones). We have, I think, a 700 minute per month plan and probably average 400 minutes (284 this month, ending at midnight tonight) between us.

$59.99 (American's Choice II)
$ 9.99 (second line)
$19.98 (both lines, unlimited text)
$60.00 (both lines, unlimited data plan)

$149.96 total

It's not a "big" deal, i.e. savings. It would save my wife and I $10/mo. They usually make these new plans and promote them wildly when if people break things down, some people might save a little or most will still be paying the same or very close. They tried numerous times to get me to upgrade to their "current" calling plans because "it includes unlimited text", etc, etc. The base price was higher than I currently pay, negating the "unlimited" feature. I told them to "quote" me the new plan price with same options and they gave me a price. I asked (I knew) "how much do I pay each month now?" and they tell me ... and get kinda quiet. :D They'd still come back to "but it's our current plan" like I'm to think my plan is obsolete and will stop working.

Give me fewer minute options for a lower price and I'd jump on it. $30/mo/phone for data is the most painful part for us (*2 phones). We have, I think, a 700 minute per month plan and probably average 400 minutes (284 this month, ending at midnight tonight) between us.

$59.99 (American's Choice II)
$ 9.99 (second line)
$19.98 (both lines, unlimited text)
$60.00 (both lines, unlimited data plan)

$149.96 total

thats where i saved my money at, i already had a 1400min plan, 89.99

So, reading that right, its $20 for each additional line with data and text? So, with 3 lines, it would be $180. On my current plan (700min family talk and text, 1 data plan) I am paying $135. On my existing plan it would go to $165 for 2 data plans, and $195 for 3 data plans. So, a savings of $15.

But since I only want two data-plans, that offer would not work, since each extra line is text and data. Right?

So, reading that right, its $20 for each additional line with data and text? So, with 3 lines, it would be $180. On my current plan (700min family talk and text, 1 data plan) I am paying $135. On my existing plan it would go to $165 for 2 data plans, and $195 for 3 data plans. So, a savings of $15.

But since I only want two data-plans, that offer would not work, since each extra line is text and data. Right?

3 lines would be 140 + 20 = 160, all with data and text and 1400 min, vs 165 for your current with 2 data pland or 195 with 3 data plans
so 3 phones 700 extra min and an extra data plan for 5 less then 2 data plans
its really only cheaper if you have/want 1400 min
at 700 i would use @ 600, going to 1400 with friends and family dropped me to @ 300

3 lines would be 140 + 20 = 160, all with data and text and 1400 min, vs 165 for your current with 2 data pland or 195 with 3 data plans
so 3 phones 700 extra min and an extra data plan for 5 less then 2 data plans
its really only cheaper if you have/want 1400 min
at 700 i would use @ 600, going to 1400 with friends and family dropped me to @ 300

I misread that. Didn't know that the $140 was for two lines.

If so, that would mean all three lines could have unlimited text and talk and data for $5 than I will pay to upgrade two 2 data plans. And then, my kid can have a data plan, and can use my old Droid.

What do you mean by @600 ... I am confused by that.

I misread that. Didn't know that the $140 was for two lines.

If so, that would mean all three lines could have unlimited text and talk and data for $5 than I will pay to upgrade two 2 data plans. And then, my kid can have a data plan, and can use my old Droid.

What do you mean by @600 ... I am confused by that.

that when i had the 700 min plan i used about 600min, the f&f included with my 1400 knocked it down to 300

the base price for mfamily share plans always includes the first 2 lines

that when i had the 700 min plan i used about 600min, the f&f included with my 1400 knocked it down to 300

the base price for mfamily share plans always includes the first 2 lines

Got it. I am planning on taking advantage of this deal later this week. It will save us money, and basically provide data on two lines for the price I would pay on my current contract for ONE. I am glad I asked you to explain this promo. :)

thats why i did it, the wife is getting a smartphone in 2 weeks, and i neeed another data plan, then i saw this and jumped at it
oh and corporate discounts still apply if your getting one :)

thats why i did it, the wife is getting a smartphone in 2 weeks, and i neeed another data plan, then i saw this and jumped at it
oh and corporate discounts still apply if your getting one :)

I am getting a discount as a state employee. Excellent.

One more question. You added the data plan for your wife, even though she does not have the new phone yet? i.e., in my situation my kid's phone is just a flip phone, I could still get this plan while his line is still using the el cheapo phone?

One more question. You added the data plan for your wife, even though she does not have the new phone yet? i.e., in my situation my kid's phone is just a flip phone, I could still get this plan while his line is still using the el cheapo phone?

yep, she has the el cheapo with the data plan now, so when i get her a smartphone no hassle

oh and remember the discount only applies to the first line, iirc you need a 29.99 access plan for the line to qualify
but now that the secondary lines are 19.99, and the primay went up the corp discount should be more

My wife and I are planning to get smartphones soon, have been debating between Sprint/Verizon for a while now. This throws us over the top, we currently have Verizon but didn't want to switch. Do you think it is better to sign up for this plan then purchase the smartphones or get the phones first? Thanks for the heads up on this deal, I didn't get the email myself.

My wife and I are planning to get smartphones soon, have been debating between Sprint/Verizon for a while now. This throws us over the top, we currently have Verizon but didn't want to switch. Do you think it is better to sign up for this plan then purchase the smartphones or get the phones first? Thanks for the heads up on this deal, I didn't get the email myself.

I would call the number and ask them. The deal requires a one year contract extension, so if you are already eligible to upgrade to smartphones, it might be best to do it all at the same time. Just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)