verizon promo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would call the number and ask them. The deal requires a one year contract extension, so if you are already eligible to upgrade to smartphones, it might be best to do it all at the same time. Just my opinion.

i did not have to do a contract extension, i asked about the specifically. they said you can change you plan anytime you want while under a contract.
ok, so i my current one ends in march, so maybe thats it

as to waiting or doing it now. IF you are 100% sure you will get smart phones do it now. it may not be here for long. it was orriginally very limited, but it has been opened up some
one guy on android forums did get turned down

My plan for data is grandfathered in at "unlimited." Because of this, I don't think I would benefit since I'm often using my PDA phone for tethering and a few months out of the year will exceed the 5GB threshold by a few Gb. Since I have no 5Gb limit, I don't see the overage charges. Otherwise, I think this would save me $8 a month before taxes.

My plan for data is grandfathered in at "unlimited." Because of this, I don't think I would benefit since I'm often using my PDA phone for tethering and a few months out of the year will exceed the 5GB threshold by a few Gb. Since I have no 5Gb limit, I don't see the overage charges. Otherwise, I think this would save me $8 a month before taxes.

the data with the plan is unlimitted, i asked about that too as i tether

heres how it may work now
if you have 1400min @ 89.99
2 lines, 5000 texts, and data on each its 189.97
2 lines 500 texts and data on each its 169.97
2 lines 250 texts and data on each its 159.97
, each additiona line is 9.99 for access, 5 for 250 texts, 10 for 500, 20 for 5k, 29.99 for data

promo
2 lines unl texts and data each line 139.99
each additional is 19.99 w/ unl texts and data

Where are you getting the 5Gb limit? There has never been a limit on the 29.99 data plan and they came out a couple weeks ago and said they were not going to have one.

I called verizon, and they "checked" to see if I could get the promo, since it was being targeted to people, but because "of my longevity" as a customer, they could offer it to me.

Get this, with my 18% state discount, I get 3 lines, 1400 minutes friends & family, plus unlimited text and unlimited data for $140.17 + tax. How is that for sweet. I am paying $135 now.

Then she called me back to say that I need to change my son's line to a data-capable phone to be able to implement the promo. I told her I would activate my old Samsung Omnia on the line, and then they would turn the promo on.

And the promo is apparently good - assuming you make NO CHANGES to the contract, until the year 2038. (Which is funny).

I called verizon, and they "checked" to see if I could get the promo, since it was being targeted to people, but because "of my longevity" as a customer, they could offer it to me.

Get this, with my 18% state discount, I get 3 lines, 1400 minutes friends & family, plus unlimited text and unlimited data for $140.17 + tax. How is that for sweet. I am paying $135 now.

Then she called me back to say that I need to change my son's line to a data-capable phone to be able to implement the promo. I told her I would activate my old Samsung Omnia on the line, and then they would turn the promo on.

And the promo is apparently good - assuming you make NO CHANGES to the contract, until the year 2038. (Which is funny).

no changes? what about adding lines? or changing phones?

no changes? what about adding lines? or changing phones?

No you could add lines, that would just add the extra $20. And the contract is not related to the phone, as long as the phone is data capable. For some reason the system would not allow her to implement it with a flip phone on the line.

I am just thrilled that I get 3 data plans for $5 more than what I was paying.

No you could add lines, that would just add the extra $20. And the contract is not related to the phone, as long as the phone is data capable. For some reason the system would not allow her to implement it with a flip phone on the line.

I am just thrilled that I get 3 data plans for $5 more than what I was paying.

strange mine was set up with a flip phone, it is internet capable though, i had it with the old plan that used minutes for internet access

Where are you getting the 5Gb limit? There has never been a limit on the 29.99 data plan and they came out a couple weeks ago and said they were not going to have one.

From Verizon. Just checked and both the website and account support confirms my account is "unlimited". If I cancel and come back the rate would be the same but I would lose the unlimited status and it will become 5Gb. The CSR said you are mistaken. :) three plans for pda's and smart phones- 25 Mb for 9.99 ; 5Gb for 29.99. and pay as you go for 1.99 per Mb. Overruns are billed at pay as you go rate unless you have grandfathered "unlimited" which I have. I did find out I would not lose that status by switching plans to as long as I maintained the $29.99 plan minimum. The promo here would not help me since my rate is already same as this promo for same level of services.

Ramy- you can go to Verizonwireless.com and look at the 5Gb limit stated everywhere on the $29.99 plan. There are different rates and plans for ipad, mifi, and laptops. And they have a different plan for Blackberry too. Be sure you are looking at the right one.

I just got home and noticed a text saying Friends and Family had been activated. So I checked online, and my plan has switched to 1400min F&F with text and data. and the data is on my wife's phone as well. My son's doesn't show the promo because his phone is not data-capable. I am charging my old Omnia (man, what a crappy virtual keyboard that phone has compared with the droid) and I will activate it for him tonight. I would have given him the Treo 700p, but the wimnobile omnia supports the Net Nanny mobile software so we can monitor his texts. :)

Promotion details
18% ACCESS DISCOUNT
20% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC

I have seen the 5GB plans listed; basically they are grandfathering in unlimited (and luckily including it in this new promo) but doing it away for new customers.

Bummer. But 5GB is a lot.

Oh, forgot to mention that the reason I didn't see this offering is because my plan is already the same and at a slightly lower rate. I think she was mistaken on this but it's only a few pennies difference so I didn't push the issue. My monthly is currently $140.17.

Oh, forgot to mention that the reason I didn't see this offering is because my plan is already the same and at a slightly lower rate. I think she was mistaken on this but it's only a few pennies difference so I didn't push the issue. My monthly is currently $140.17.

That is what mine will be for 3 lines, 1400 min, text, data.

Got the Omnia on the plan, all promo's showing up. Very nice. I suspect the kid will get a used Droid eventually. That omnia is really a piece of junk. The keyboard bites.

THANKS again to mdram for hooking us all up. I feel like I won the lottery. Even though I am still paying VZW $140 per month, it seems like much more more of a deal with 3 data plans for that price. :) :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)