Verizon (UTStarcom) XV6700 has arrived!

Scott- up there in CT, when are you eligible for upgrade to this? My contract says November but Verizon says they also offer specials to good customers. The rep said even if you buy at full price you need to maintain your existing contract on the 6700 or pay the cancellation fee on that as well. What I saw bad about the 6800 was the little rocker button was gone. I use that and will miss it.

You can up the volume somewhat in the registry file, but I'd have to dig myself for the actual hack on this one.

The add items is in: Start/settings/today/items. Select what you want. A nicer program is SPB Pocket Plus. It creates tabs for more shortcuts on the Today screen plus some other features.+

There is a new version of this phone coming out with double the memory and twice the speed called the XV6800. I saw one at CES from the MIcrosoft guy who was testing it. It also has skype compatibility and two cameras so you can use it for video skype, ie see your images as you are sending your picture as well. It also fixes some other complaints such as simultaneous wifi and phone radios on. It will replace the 6700 when out from both Verizon and Sprint.

Just thought I'd update this. The recent Verizon branded specs I have seen left out the second "skype" camera. Not a huge disappointment as I would hardly use one by present day practice, but I thought it was a really forward thinking concept.

Ok, I got my 6700 today. Yeah I know there is a new one out, but this was a cheaper way for me to get a PDA phone. What should I do first to make this phone better? What tricks do you have?

Visit PDAPhoneHome.COM they have a lot of stuff on the 6700 and how to get the most out of it.

In addition I suggest a firmware update from pccgeeks.com there are lots available, they are tweeked and have many of the programs folks have on their 6700. I like the Colonels 3.5 roms myself. This gives you a top notch performing phone with many tools and programs you would want. :)

There are others available there besides the Colonels, just check the features of each to find the one that contins the programs you want (Go to ppcgeeks.com and click on the APACHE section) :)

I'm running BigJ's 1.1r reloaded ROM. It's great, and has most of the stuff I want in ROM as opposed to having to load it.

(From PPCGeeks.com as Scott notes above).

I'm using his Sprint version.

Ok, after finding out the usb cable was missing I got one and now I find out the sync software is missing. Anyone know where I can download this?

Thanks Scott, I don't know why it didn't occur to me that it is a Windows device.

Ok, one more question hopefully. When I sync it doesn't pick up my contacts from Outlook or Outlook Express. What do I need to do to sync them. My phone has none right now and I want all of them moved over.

Edit: Never mind, this stupid thing......I had to take the phone out of the cradle and put it back in before it would sync the contacts.

It will only sync from Outlook.

Go into active sync and go to options and you can check what you want to sync.

Yeah I did that. I had to take it out of the cradle and then put it back in before it would do it. Stupid isn't it?

I did a Google search and can't find how you restart this thing. I don't have my manual with me here at work.

Down on the bottom left corner there is a little hole, use your stylus or a paper clip to press the button in there, which is the reset button. :)

Down on the bottom left corner there is a little hole, use your stylus or a paper clip to press the button in there, which is the reset button. :)

I thought that might be the way to do it, but I didn't want to wipe everyting by accident. Thanks.

I had this idea about 3 years ago and I talked it up at CES to every PDA accessory maker I could find. Today a company makes this. :)

It is a stylus that has a built in ball point pen. I just bought a couple and they are great. One end is a stylus, the other is a small ball point pen.

Often when out and about, I find a need for a pen and forgot to carry one. Now my stylus doubles as a pen!

I know they make this for the XV6700 but not sure about other PDA's. My wife is wanting one for her Treo now.

I had this idea about 3 years ago and I talked it up at CES to every PDA accessory maker I could find. Today a company makes this. :)

It is a stylus that has a built in ball point pen. I just bought a couple and they are great. One end is a stylus, the other is a small ball point pen.

Often when out and about, I find a need for a pen and forgot to carry one. Now my stylus doubles as a pen!

I know they make this for the XV6700 but not sure about other PDA's. My wife is wanting one for her Treo now.

Got a link to the one for the 6700? I could use one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)