Verizon's new Home Media DVR

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I was informed yesterday that Verizon now has a 6 tuner Home Media DVR similar to the Directv Genie that they are rolling out. That's great an all, but when the guy told me the price I told him no thanks. It will be $32.99 a month for this DVR for the equipment fee.

The pricing is a bit confusing on it. I checked into it but I would lose storage and be no better off as far as the number of tuners I would have available. The storage on the new system currently can not be extended and all the units in the house would share the 6 tuners and the storage. I currently have three dvr's with extended storage.

If it's anything like my 6-tuner, 3TB, Tivo Roamio Pro (which is a beast) than it should be able to handle an average household without any problems. I've considered rid of the our two other Tivos and getting minis since the Roamio is powerful, but they already have a lifetime subscription so what's the hell.

I think two Dvrs plus 4 set top boxes gives you 2 tb of recording at about 72 dollars in fees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts