Vermont HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hello!

I think we'll be moving to VT sometime later this year. Haven't decided yet whether it will be SE VT (Brattleboro) or NW (Burlington). Currently, neither have HD locals from D* (though E* offers HD locals in both locations). Problem is, I'd rather go with D*.

So my question is this, has anyone heard of the timeframe for bringing the HD locals on in either of those areas? I guess in SE VT, they are part of the Boston DMA but they are the only area that doesn't receive them (due to size of spotbeam???) I'm wondering if there are plans to expand the spot the include them. The Burlington area is a different DMA altogether and I'm also wondering if you have heard anything re: when HD locals would be available there.

Sorry if I'm rambling. My Sat. morning brain is getting along slowly today :p

Thanks in advance!
Rae

Last edited:
Hello!

I think we'll be moving to VT sometime later this year. Haven't decided yet whether it will be SE VT (Brattleboro) or NW (Burlington). Currently, neither have HD locals from D* (though E* offers HD locals in both locations). Problem is, I'd rather go with D*.

So my question is this, has anyone heard of the timeframe for bringing the HD locals on in either of those areas? I guess in SE VT, they are part of the Boston DMA but they are the only area that doesn't receive them (due to size of spotbeam???) I'm wondering if there are plans to expand the spot the include them. The Burlington area is a different DMA altogether and I'm also wondering if you have heard anything re: when HD locals would be available there.

Sorry if I'm rambling. My Sat. morning brain is getting along slowly today :p

Thanks in advance!
Rae

Directv doesn't give timetables, but it seems likely that once D11 is up and running that those areas without hd locals will get them. Who knows exactly when, maybe by the end of the summer.

Thanks for the reply. Bummer that they don't give timetables or priorities for which locals they plan to work on in the future...

I'll keep watching for what comes on with the new satellite. Again, many thanks!

Kind of hard to give timetables for things like these and kind of great they don't IMHO; I think they get slammed overly-hard when they announce plans with an approximated time frame and then when that hopeful date comes around everyone gets into a snit that they lied or missed targets and are frauds.

Sure, for that reason, I can completely understand why they don't give timetables and respect that. I guess I was wishing for a more generalized announcement such as we will be working on these cities next for HD locals... That way I'd have some idea if the city I was looking to get HD Locals in was even on the radar in terms of future plans even if I didn't have a timeframe to go by. Does that make sense?

I have a question along the same lines. I know currently that you need two separate dishes to get the VT locals. Is there any chance of this changing so that we only need one dish to get regular programming and locals.

Also, when the new bird is finally up and running, what dish will we need to get the signal from it? I assume the new slimline would do the trick, but would that be the only one? Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts