Versus/Golf HD Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jldhawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Spirit Lake, Iowa
When I look at the Sports HD Schedule for this Saturday, it shows a Golf game on the same time as the Iowa/Iowa State game.
Wasn't there talk of adding the VS HD channel full time? NOT sharing a channel with the Golf channel?

FWIW even if it is shown on the VsHD channel it will not be true HD. VsHD will only be showing some PAC10 games in HD this year.

I watched the UCLA/BYU last weekend on VS and was very surprised at the quality of the HD picture. Even my wife who doesn't really see the difference between SD and HD had to comment on how clear and crisp the picture was. I hope the future games are as good as this one was.

The VS channel sucks! Retired old golfers in less than sd quality is broadcasted on this channel most of the time. It is almost as inconsistent in PQ as TNT.

When I look at the Sports HD Schedule for this Saturday, it shows a Golf game on the same time as the Iowa/Iowa State game.
Wasn't there talk of adding the VS HD channel full time? NOT sharing a channel with the Golf channel?

I wish they would put it in HD, but it doesn't look like it's going to be. I emailed VS last week, but have yet to hear back. As another poster stated, the quality on the SD channel is less then stellar.

The dumbest thing is having to get at250 to get VS HD. If I am paying extra for the HD channels, why do I have to pay double extra to get at250 just to get VS. This is honestly what is keeping me from getting Satellite. I rather stick with crappy cable than get screwed over twice just to get VS HD. I will just get SD NHLCI and forget about Satellite

The dumbest thing is having to get at250 to get VS HD. If I am paying extra for the HD channels, why do I have to pay double extra to get at250 just to get VS. This is honestly what is keeping me from getting Satellite. I rather stick with crappy cable than get screwed over twice just to get VS HD. I will just get SD NHLCI and forget about Satellite

You will see the same thing happen with cable when they get around to adding channel in HD that are not a part of your basic expanded(2-78) channels.

VS and Golf are not separate HD channels. Comcast owns both and when I switched a few weeks ago, VS and Golf shared a single HD channel on the Comcast system as well.

Rocky, and I watched Bloodsport last night on VSHD. I love that movie. Too bad they only have the SD versions. I think I'd watch those Rocky's all the time when nothing much else is on if they were the OAR HD versions.

Maybe one day....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)