Versus - How good is the SD PQ ??

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
Howdy all! I'm thinking of doing a temporary upgrade to the 250 package so I can get Versus, strictly for the balance of the NHL playoffs. I'll probably resort to the 200 pkg after that. But I'm concerned about the PQ. I can get the NHL channel and thus get the games of interest to me on a delay basis in HD. Those look/sound great! And I guess I can survive seeing the games hours or a day or so later. (I got up at 3 AM last night to see the Penguins/Flyers game !! Had no advance knowledge of the outcome, but of course the display window at the bottom "spoiled" it for me just a few minutes into the game. I'll have to zoom-out to push that window off-screen next time!)

Is the SD PQ on versus "OK" ?? I watch 131 IFC a lot and find that quality to be acceptable, ditto for 204 TruTV (most programs like Forensic Files). Is versus comparable ??

TIA and BRgds...

The Versus SD channel picture quality was not very good when I had Dish Network. As a matter of fact, Versus SD is not much better with FiOS TV. However, you should receive a live HD feed of the games on Dish Network's Golf/VS, channel 9468, whereas Verizon does not offer Versus HD at present.

Fabulous! So I'll get an HD feed in the 250 package - sounds like a great idea! Need to upgrade before 7:30 PM Tue., then! Last week I had asked a CSR whether or not Versus is available in HD and he said "no"...! Seemed a bit strange because the delayed b'csts I'm watching on NHL are (mostly?) from Versus, and all in HD !?! But they are indeed delayed on NHL, not in real time...

Fabulous! So I'll get an HD feed in the 250 package - sounds like a great idea! Need to upgrade before 7:30 PM Tue., then! Last week I had asked a CSR whether or not Versus is available in HD and he said "no"...! Seemed a bit strange because the delayed b'csts I'm watching on NHL are (mostly?) from Versus, and all in HD !?! But they are indeed delayed on NHL, not in real time...

It is a combined HD channel listed as Vs/Golf channel 9468 and can be mapped down to 398 starting today.

I'm guessing the "upgrade" to the 250 will add $10 per month from the 200 I currently have, not too much extra for the balance of the playoffs. It will give me a few weeks to sample the rest of those 50 channels as well, and I can finally check out NatGeoHD. Any other HDs available only in the 250 level ??

I guess I would then also have that $5 "downgrade fee" when I go back to 200, if I do (likely).

Tks for the replies...

I'm guessing the "upgrade" to the 250 will add $10 per month from the 200 I currently have, not too much extra for the balance of the playoffs. It will give me a few weeks to sample the rest of those 50 channels as well, and I can finally check out NatGeoHD. Any other HDs available only in the 250 level ??

I guess I would then also have that $5 "downgrade fee" when I go back to 200, if I do (likely).

Tks for the replies...
We did the same thing as you are considering. We have loved watching many different channels that we didn't have with AT200. The two that I can think of off the top of my head are Science Channel and National Geographic.

As for the fee, we expect that, but it seemed like a small price to pay to be able to watch all of the Hockey I want.

Geoff