Versus in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spurbs

Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Does anyone know if the Sabres vs Hurricanes game on Wednesday will be shown in HD on DirecTV? The Versus website lists it as an HD game but I don't see it on the channel guide yet

I know they show 'em on channel 95, but I don't see the game listed. Channel 95 has a Goo Goo Dolls concert on at that time

About the last half of the season last year most of the OLN HD games were on 95...unless there was an NBA game on at the same time in which the NBA game was show instead. I'd expect more of the same this year, NHL is about 5th or 6th on the sports rung in the US unfortunately.

Having said that, I wouldn't trust any guide info on 95 until at least 24hrs before an event. It's always changing and updating.

spurbs said:
Does anyone know if the Sabres vs Hurricanes game on Wednesday will be shown in HD on DirecTV? The Versus website lists it as an HD game but I don't see it on the channel guide yet
Don't know for sure, but your chances are better now than they were last week, seeing they will no longer be putting the MLB games on it this year.

Jimbo

NFL Network is showing replay of games in HD on Tuesday and Wednesday, so that's another channel that could show up on channel 95 now that the baseball's regular season is over.

I hope the Sabres game will be shown in HD on some channel... Go Sabres! (but have to admit I don't like the new uniforms.)

spurbs said:

My program guide shows it for 7:00 on Wednesday night. I think it is the Versus HD telecast, as it is being shown on their SD channel at that time also. Don't think that game is a RSN telecast.

For Friday night my H20 program guide is showing the Panther/Bruins game on 95 & 96, for 7:00. That game should be a local MPG4 RSN, Fox Sports Florida on 96 and CI and MPG2 RSN national telecast on 95.

GO PANTHERS

96? In Memphis it shows up on 95 but nothing shows up on 96. Is that a spotbeam to Florida?

geaux1 said:
96? In Memphis it shows up on 95 but nothing shows up on 96. Is that a spotbeam to Florida?

Yes, 96 is the channel that D* used for local MPG4 HD RSN baseball games this past summer, 95 is a National MPG2 signal. I believe in a few markets 96 is used for full time RSN broadcasts. In the Orlando market we got Marlins baseball games on it, and it looks like we may see Panther and Lightning hockey games this year.

I have an MPEG4, but only for the last 2 days or so and don't have 96 on the menu listed for the Panthers game, I am in Tennessee, so I assume maybe that's a spot beam. I get sports pak and CI. Obviously the Florida channel is not my local RSN. Mine is FSS which is the feed out of Atlata but we get Grizzlies and Predators games on a alternate feed which it is my understanding some of them will be in HD this year, but they ususally are not on our guide until the morning of the game except on rare occasions. Don't know if that means they will show up on 96 on my guide, or on the 600's for all, some or none or until more of the badnwidth opens up, but we will see. I just know sometimes you need to call and get the new stuff activated as it comes on though it is supposed to show up automatically, not often but every once in a while.

The directv.com TV listings show the game in HD on channel 96, so all is well :)

geaux1 said:
I have an MPEG4, but only for the last 2 days or so and don't have 96 on the menu listed for the Panthers game, I am in Tennessee, so I assume maybe that's a spot beam. I get sports pak and CI. Obviously the Florida channel is not my local RSN. Mine is FSS which is the feed out of Atlata but we get Grizzlies and Predators games on a alternate feed which it is my understanding some of them will be in HD this year, but they ususally are not on our guide until the morning of the game except on rare occasions. Don't know if that means they will show up on 96 on my guide, or on the 600's for all, some or none or until more of the badnwidth opens up, but we will see. I just know sometimes you need to call and get the new stuff activated as it comes on though it is supposed to show up automatically, not often but every once in a while.

You are correct, on Friday night, you will not see the Panthers game on 96 unless you are in the Panther market, as 96 is a spot beam MPG4 channel. As they are playing the Bruins, you might see it in the Boston market also, but it would be the NESN spot beam, not Fox Sports Florida feed. The feed on 95 will be a national feed for CI and either a regional feed for Fox Sports Florida or NESN. You could see an Atlanta game if they are telecasting it in HD.

If you get your locals in HD from D*, and a game is available in HD, in your area, check channel 96 to see if you have it.

So I'm new to D*, but I am excited about their HD sports coverage.

Do they often use 95 for OLN/Versus HD hockey? Between OLN, HDNet, and FSN Detroit (96) I could be close to having HD hockey most nights of the week, even without spending money on center ice.

If I remember right OLN/Versus has 2 games / week, and HDNet has 3? NBC picks up in winter on weekends too!

Last year they showed Hockey in HD quite a bit, until December. It disappeared until the playoffs. DirecTV will show HD hockey to entice people to buy Center Ice but then take it away after the majority of CI sales are in.

Digital Dude said:
Last year they showed Hockey in HD quite a bit, until December. It disappeared until the playoffs. DirecTV will show HD hockey to entice people to buy Center Ice but then take it away after the majority of CI sales are in.

I hope they don't do that this year, that's a real crock of ....

Anyway, I was hoping they would use the Versus/OLN feeds so people without CI can watch too. Tonight is a good sign I guess.

Since I wrote the above D* has changed the games. On 95 they now show The Carolina/Buffalo game tonight, and Philly/Pittsburgh game tomorrow night. Tonights game has to the Versus telecast and tomorrows game has to be the CI and local RSN for either Philly or Pittsburgh. Also if you look on channel 600 D* says that channel 95 will be used for NHL HD games.

They are still showing the Panthers/Bruins game for Friday, on our 96 local RSN HD channel.

By the way here is the HDNET NHL schedule from now till December 30th: http://www.hd.net/nhlinhd.html

lou_do said:
Since I wrote the above D* has changed the games. On 95 they now show The Carolina/Buffalo game tonight, and Philly/Pittsburgh game tomorrow night. Tonights game has to the Versus telecast and tomorrows game has to be the CI and local RSN for either Philly or Pittsburgh. Also if you look on channel 600 D* says that channel 95 will be used for NHL HD games.

They are still showing the Panthers/Bruins game for Friday, on our 96 local RSN HD channel.

By the way here is the HDNET NHL schedule from now till December 30th: http://www.hd.net/nhlinhd.html
So do I need a perticular package in order to get the HD Hockey games on 95 ?
From remembering last year, most on 95 said I did not have that channel, there \fore I was unable to view it.

Is channel 94ever used for anything ?
Also I show 97 and 98 on my guide, but it always says "To be announced" in the menu, I have never had any programming on any of the channels I just mentioned.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)