Versus might take shot at puck tracking for NHL telecasts

Puck tracking is puck sucking IMO! The biggest improvement for hockey was move games to HD. Of course, FiOS TV doesn't have Versus HD (only the SD version) and, while not having HD sucks, I have no problem following the puck.

Puck tracking is puck sucking IMO! The biggest improvement for hockey was move games to HD. Of course, FiOS TV doesn't have Versus HD (only the SD version) and, while not having HD sucks, I have no problem following the puck.

Hockey fans generally don't have a problem following the puck, they tend to know where the play is going :)

Jimbo

Yep, no problems here with the puck. I really hope versus does not do this.

If they do this, why not have ball tracking in Golf? I can never tell where the ball is after they hit it. Why not split screen with the hold overhead view and a tracker of the ball and crap? Why not? Cause golf fans don't want it or need it and it surely wouldn't make me watch more golf.

What do they have to lose? Let's try it out and see if it helps viewership. Although non-traditional, it may actually work. People were all up in arms when the NFL decided to install the superimposed yellow first down marker, but now I don't know how I lived without it before....

Oh no, no, no. That (puck enhancement) does not even compare to the yard line markers (who complained about that, maybe you HD MN?). The glowing puck was the stupidest thing I ever saw. Jimbo is right, hockey fans have no problem tracking the puck. Let's face it, the only people watching at this point have been watching all their lives. Hockey is not gaining new fans. Detroit is not even selling out their games.

Oh no, no, no. That (puck enhancement) does not even compare to the yard line markers (who complained about that, maybe you HD MN?). The glowing puck was the stupidest thing I ever saw. Jimbo is right, hockey fans have no problem tracking the puck. Let's face it, the only people watching at this point have been watching all their lives. Hockey is not gaining new fans. Detroit is not even selling out their games.
Agree, but in all fairness not many people can afford the tickets given the SE Michigan economy...not to mention gas and food prices.

What do they have to lose? Let's try it out and see if it helps viewership. Although non-traditional, it may actually work. People were all up in arms when the NFL decided to install the superimposed yellow first down marker, but now I don't know how I lived without it before....

What do they have to lose?
The diehard viewers they currently have ....

You may not remember, but the Glowing Puck was really bad, you would end up with the puck showing up i the stands when it was in play along the boards.
I pretty much quit watching network hockey at that time.

TG they didn't do that on all telecasts.

Jimbo

OH GOD NO . . . THAT WAS THE WORST THING EVER FOR HOCKEY!

Three weeks ago on SportsCenter, I forget the name of the anchor, but he said okay, let's now turn to tonight's hockey playoff games where thanks to HD we can all follow the puck now . . . if that is not a testament to hockey in HD, I do not know what is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)