Very dissapointed in D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the HUGE variety of stories being told them by CSR's.

Is this really too much to ask from Directv?

And you MUST take that with a grain of salt; many users tend to grossly exaggerate and/or mis-hear (accidentally or intentionally) and some just make stuff up; its the nature of the net. That's why its just best to sit back and let the pros do their jobs; its all good its only TV.

Mom always said, "a watched pot doesn't boil". I think we will have the new channels by friday. It has to be a issue with billing adding new channels or something of that nature. Something somebody didn't think about until it was too late. By the way, it's nice to find a D* information site that works. I've only been a member for a week, but there seems to be some good information here. :(

Ugggggh!!

My first post on this forum - and sadly it has to be negative. Wish D* would come clean and give us a firm date and explanation as to why they lead us to believe we would have our HD channels today. They know we all are D* fans and allowed us to build up expectations on these forums.

Well unfortunately all I ever got from any email or CSR was sometime this month so for me that means Oct 1st we can really call D* a liar

ever hear a story or joke and retell it 10 times as part of a communication excersize???? Well we have this plus the fact that the truth at 8AM may be very different than it is at 3 PM? Tell the same story to a positive person and a negative person and they will paraphrase it very differently. I have a hard time believing anything from any source unless it comes as an official release from the company.

Lets go with January 1st 2008

I will pick Jan. 1st 2008....I will just leave my receiver off till then so surely they will be launched by then.

I mean heck I bought an HDTV to watch HD not SD so for the past year and a half I have only 3 or 4 channels that were HD I enjoyed watching anyway so not turning it back on till Jan won't be a big deal.

Alright guys everyone is upset and pissed off,but some of us have done all we can do right now to get answers. The fact is it could be Tomorrow it could be in 30 days. No one knows for sure. D* claims to have a PR in the next few days ,explaining the problem ,or if fixed when the HD channels launch will happen. Thats all many of us here know at this point! My Phone call with D* CEO's Office calmed me way down! They admitted to be a fault with the lack of Communication with all its customers over this whole matter. Everyone just sleep on it ,let them do their Jobs and when these channels come alive it will be the best thing you've ever had ,The plus thing is we got more then a years worth of HD channels to role out. Trust me it will get better. There's No doubt in my mind that the D10 is not being worked on around the clock. Everyone knows these things can happen. Nothing we can do to change it. Sleep tight!!

The official voice of the company is its public information and promotions officer. The CRS's are certainly not the official voice of any major corporation. To believe otherwise is foolhardy at best. They are low paid worker bee's who are under allot of pressure from callers and who are subject to rumor among themselves and not beyond telling a persistent or angry customer something the customer would like to hear.

These and similar forums are full of people posting inaccurate information that is taken by many others as being accurate and gospel fact. In reality many of those posts are dropped in to get a reaction from the gulliable. I will only be disappointed if after seeing an official announcement and they don't produce. Considering this upcoming expansion is one of the biggest events to DTV's future it is likely to be preceded by a universal announcement and promo.

DirecTV said:
DIRECTV will begin launching our new HD programming lineup in September and continue to add new HD channels through the end of 2007. We will announce channels as they become available. Check DIRECTV.com/hd for updated information.

"In September" is the company's "Official" public statement, and not some interpretation of a CSR response posted in a forum. The month has 30 days not 19. If Oct 1st comes with no expansion then everyones' complaining has validity.:up

I just wish they would get it done so we can free up the arcade on this forum!!

:mad:

"In September" is the company's "Official" public statement, and not some interpretation of a CSR response posted in a forum. The month has 30 days not 19. If Oct 1st comes with no expansion then everyones' complaining has validity.:up

If fact they have been saying mid september. A office to the president rep said that to me last night. I asked what their deffinitioin was of mid september and she said "the middle two weeks".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)