Very Frustrated with Dish

OK First of all I have to say if you or somone you like works for Dish network, Ijust want to say the people there are great:) but there system to help people SUCKS!! I have a older receiver (blue card) back in the day I used to goto radio shack ad buy a new smart card for 15,20, or 30 bucks. I have not needed the system for a while (I had cable and a sweet deal :) OK here I am I'm in the middle of re-locating my family and we are stuck in our old Motorhome. Ok I tell the wife I'll re-setup the dish so at least we can watch tv. I goto the shack (2.5 hours there) and buy a now 40 dollar card. I get home around 11:00pm and use the auto line. it says no problem wait fifteen minutes and your system will re-set. :up OK here's where life goes wrong, NOTHING ...I waited 1 1/2 hours and nothing happened I notice that dish is open 24 hrs. I call ask for a operator and get a gentleman who gets my info and tell me ummm you have the wrong receiver good night . and hangs up.. OK I'm Pi$$ed off,:mad: goto bed and call in the morning. the lady puts me through about 20 different tests, all with no luck, she says I see your system but it should be working, I tell her the only thing that works is there program and info channels. she suggests a different access card, she says I will send one out (she gets my info) NEVER HEARD FROM HER NEVER SEEN A CARD ! Up to know I have talked to approx. 25-30 different people (including allot from Corporate offices) with no help. also what's funny is that Corp. cannot even access the ROO# from there system, :rolleyes: it's like it's a different company??? All I want is to make my damn system work. Oh I paid 20.00 to a local installer for a "newer yellow card"and called today (Sunday) to change the SOO# I already know that tomm. that nothing yet again can be done with my system. I'm not cheap but I do not have money falling out of my but. I mean I'm out the 40 bucks for the card, 45+ for fuel, over 250 minutes on my tracfone cell (about 60.00) had I known what issues I'd be having I would have just bought a new system. (Oh I forgot to tell you before we moved out I called the 800 to confirm what I was planning to do and zhamir said that will not be any problem (that was said after he had all the info) ok I'm kinda done but I know when I tell this story its about 25 minutes, I'm sorry If it took yáll that long to read it. thank you and if you have any ideas on how to help this old guy out let me know thank you and god bless....Edson :confused:

I am a little confused.

Do you have a DISH NOW SYSTEM purchased from Radio Shack?

Or are you just trying to load a $40 prepaid card onto a regular STB that you have had since you signed up with Dish?

If it is the second one, then there is NO WAY it would work.

The Dish Now receivers are refurbished, specifically designed receivers for the Dish NOW service.

They would either be a DP301 or a Phillips 3900.

Buying a brand new Smart Card would have absolutely nothing to do with getting the service(at least to my knowledge).

These receivers are specifically redesigned/refurbished to get/use the Dish NOW/YA service.

You could not just add a new smartcard to a currently owned DP301 or Phillips 3900 and expect to use a $40 prepaid card to work.

Does not work that way.

If you do of course already own a prepaid Dish NOW receiver, make sure that your Dish is peaked to receive BOTH satellites 119 and 110 since the info being sent to your receiver from those satellites after your phonecall.

I am not sure which one is sending the info, or the transponder involved for that matter, but if everything is not hooked up(does not have to be turned on, just hooked up properly) BEFORE you call, then it won't matter.

After the Dish NOW automated service says it is sending the signal to your receiver now, it should receive all the info within a few minutes(at least mine always does/did).

I am not sure how long they transmit that info out to your receiver(15 minutes, 30 minutes, sporadically), but if everything is connected properly, it should be fine.

still fustrated

OK I have over 100% strenth on 119 and 80ish on 110 so that is not my problem... my issue is with the dumn-but that wrote the "rules"that are supposed to help the customer out in times of need...:(

OK I have over 100% strenth on 119 and 80ish on 110 so that is not my problem... my issue is with the dumn-but that wrote the "rules"that are supposed to help the customer out in times of need...:(

You still have not answered my questions from the above post.

All you have mentioned is something about installing a new smartcard for some reason.

I have had DISH NOW/YA for well over a year, and there HAS NEVER been a mentioning of changing the smartcard.

Botton line: You CANNOT CONVERT an EXISTING RECEIVER, DP301 or a Phillips 3900 or any receiver, into a DISH NOW/YA receiver by changing/exchanging a Smartcard.

You must buy either the complete system(Dish 500 dish/receiver/remote), or a remodled/refurbished receiver that has been converted to a Dish NOW/YA receiver.

You cannot make one yourself by changing/exchanging a smartcard.

OK I HAVE A 3900 and it USED to work when dish now first started. Now after sitting a year or so they say everything from I need a new dish,or a reciever, and the latest a smart card. (I have a dish500,a Phillips3900 and a blue card which does have a crack near the sim thingy also a newer yellow card (no advertisments on it) so I did call yesterday(Sunday) they said that the person who does that doesnt upgrad cards untill 10 am MST but I should hear from sombody today Monday. well here it is 8:40pm and have not recieved any updates, or phone calls and reciever still say to call 800 for upgrade of "new yellow smart card" I don't know maybe Ill get a 40 dollar antterea lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)