Very interesting C-band feedhorn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
- cool find!

Very amusing!
And it's conical, as well.
So, it wouldn't really work on a prime feed dish.
Well, the scalar wouldn't... the feedhorn might be attractive to anyone wanting to mount two C-band LNBs.

Very amusing!
And it's conical, as well.
So, it wouldn't really work on a prime feed dish.
Well, the scalar wouldn't... the feedhorn might be attractive to anyone wanting to mount two C-band LNBs.

like me ? i want it. haha. im gonna try and bid on it if it doesnt get stupid.

crackt out,.

its probably made for a big eliptical commercial dish (i am guessing). Not a round prime focus dish? I know the ku feeds for larger hughes net dishes and prodelin dishes are sort of shaped oval instead of perfectly round sometimes.

I bid on it, if I'm lucky it may fit the 6 footer on the shop

i was gonna ditch the scalar and use it as a dual cband feed horn for the 10 footer. if it was anyone else id bid against. considering i owe you for the waveguide you sent me ill save my pennies for an adl-rp3-2-2b and finish with that setup. good luck cad.

crackt out,.

I thought I saw Linuxman using a dual LNB feedhorn on one of his previous test-projects
Pretty sure it was C-band only.
You might PM him after this is all over, and see if he's still using it or wants to find it a new home. :)

I thought I saw Linuxman using a dual LNB feedhorn on one of his previous test-projects
Pretty sure it was C-band only.
You might PM him after this is all over, and see if he's still using it or wants to find it a new home. :)

im sure it was linuxman or cadsulfide i got the knowledge from. im basically wanting to copy their idea for dual cband lnbs and a qpf-031. cad already sent me a wave guide i can use. thanks again cad (you arent to far away for a beer someday). dual cband only feeds arent terribly expensive anyways. the adl on the other hand is money. haha. its on my christmas list.

crackt out,.

way off topic, but what the heck?

im sure it was linuxman or cadsulfide i got the knowledge from. im basically wanting to copy their idea for dual cband lnbs and a qpf-031. cad already sent me a wave guide i can use. thanks again cad (you arent to far away for a beer someday). dual cband only feeds arent terribly expensive anyways. the adl on the other hand is money. haha. its on my christmas list.
I'd be interested in what waveguide you've come up with, and how it's used.
Invacom AF-120?

I thought either ACradio or Pendragon recently discussed mounting some sort of flange-mount Invacom (maybe Universal/dual output?) to the back side of a ...
... uhhh ... might have been an ADL orthomode dual band feedhorn for a BUD.
That was interesting, since I have an ADL, but I don't need Universal, and already have a handful of Standard LNBs.
Just need to get some suitable C-band LNBs, but am in no particular hurry.

Also need the original ADL scalar, as it seems to be part of the feedhorn throat.
I've not run across a lot of info on the ADL - maybe it's a secret society. - :eek:

thats the post im talking about. its an adl orthomode with a qpf-031 mounted for ku (circular and linear). the qpf is mounted with a hackt sd121 waveguide. i just need an adl feed now. haha. did you win this cad ?

crackt out,.

crackt -
I think this is the thread you were looking for.
Pendragon discusses a mod with an Invacom mounted on the back of his ADL ortho feedhorn.
Still not sure that's good for me, so I'm not being sucked into the vortex. :D

Guess if I change my mind later, it's always an (expensive) option.
Will have to be on the lookout for that waveguide, just to be prepared. :up

Well, I got outbid. Would still like to see how it performs on a 6' offset.

not by me. like i said i still owe you a fave. do you have a conical scalar cad ? silly pardon is taking to long. i wish i could head south. looks like you might have a dish or two more than me in yer yard. im gonna save for the adl feed i want. for my feed hunting dish. i really would trade the 3 10 footers i scored this summer for a 12 foot feed hunting dish.

crackt out,.

Crackt;

There is one in town I already have gotten permission to take. If you want it come visit, I'll help load it. It has 10-12 petals and has the lnb on a straight tube coming from the center of the dish. Since opening the shop this summer I have three or 4 FTA converts, will try to post pix soon.

Crackt;

There is one in town I already have gotten permission to take. If you want it come visit, I'll help load it. It has 10-12 petals and has the lnb on a straight tube coming from the center of the dish. Since opening the shop this summer I have three or 4 FTA converts, will try to post pix soon.

i better get a passport so i can dish hunt south of the border. haha. i have only seen 2 12 footers around here. one was in the local bargain rag for 10 bucks. i pounced on it only to have them change their mind about getting rid of it. the other looks like it has no LOS anymore so i might ask about it. i havent really had to knock on any doors for the 8 BUDS i scored so far. im sure the snow is coming soon. this weather is ridiculous. haha. yer not really that far either. bout 6 hours i think. well maybe a bit longer. i think the last time i was in the us their speed limits were lower than ours.

crackt out,.

Speed limit here is 75mph on the interstate.

well that feedhorn is back, either he he didn't get enough or he has a pile of them and is dribbling them out. checked some of his other sat stuff, a bit pricey for generic stuff.

I am new here i have one dish of 10 feet i dont have the soport for the lnb whuen i gat the dish how instal one i dont know if mi queston go here tanks for any answer

Panchousa;

Welcome!

Do a search on C band there are lots of good posts on making your own mount. The most important thing will be to set it on a perfectly plumb and level post.

I am new here i have one dish of 10 feet i dont have the soport for the lnb whuen i gat the dish how instal one i dont know if mi queston go here tanks for any answer

Check out this webpage, it will tell you how to determine where to locate your LNB feed, and a bunch of other BUD-related info.

Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

tanks i go to test your info because i think is very important the focal distance i wanh use mi 10 feet in k band for stared whit one universal iin case dont work which lnb is beeter for c and ku band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts