very new to this

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

katman96

Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Sorry... I am sure that I would eventually find everything that I need to know but have not found it yet so here goes. I am interested in getting an fta setup, but wanted to get opinions on a good but inexpensive setup. I was looking at the kits available at Sadoun Satellite sales, they seem reasonable. Are there many other companies offering complete setups? What channels could i get with this setup? Thanks to anyone willing to help out!

Yes, Sadoun does offer a good kit.
Get one with a stand-alone receiver (it'll have blind-scan feature), and not a computer card/USB box.

His packages are for fixed-dish, or motorized. Depending on what you want to watch.
That site has a list of available programming, but here is a very simplistic list that may help you get started.

The other two Gold Sponsors of this site, who sell FTA equipment retail, are SatelliteAV, and GoSatellite.
Both are listed at the top of each page.

If you'll give us an idea what sort of programming you would be interested in, I'm sure we can recommend specific satellites.

Follow The Green One's advice.

Next question would be how much space do you have, and do you have a clear view of the southern sky? And....Are you a little handy and willing to do a bit of work, like running cable?

IF you decide to get a motorized system - DON'T INSTALL the motor until you have installed and tested and learned how to use the dish and receiver as a fixed system. Many have jumped in with both feet with out having the step by step learning of a fixed system, followed by a motorized system. We have heard them have great anguish as the try to back track and learn the steps they need for a successful install. Welcome to FTA!
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts