Very Quiet in VOOM Land...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
It looks like everyone is enjoying VOOM because nobody is talking... :)

Anyway, there is supposed to be a screen saver on this box, but I have never seen it. In the settings it defaults to kick in after 5 minutes. Has anybody seen it?

I tried putting up a menu and waiting it out, Screen saver never kicked in, but I'm not worried too much, I live alone and know better than to leave a menu onscreen

I am curioius though, on the front panel display of the receiver (where the little green/red dish is) before activation it would show info to me (1080, 720P, 480, 480P for example as I cycled thru the resolutions) but after activation it is totally blank, I would expect at least a channel number or something, but all I get is the dish, and when I press a button on the remote, a little flashing LED.....is this the same for everyone?

also had my first total lockup today, was going thru the guide channel by channel, and it froze, had to do a complete power cycle (unplug..LOL) to get it going again......dang waiting for it to aquire programming info is a pain...LOL

also one time so far is has pulled up its main Voom menu by itself, and then cleared it and went back to the show I was watching

Off air channels now mapped correctly, but need better antenna or amplifier (didn't use stealth, used antenna I already have, but still not good enough)

JaydeeD said:
I am curioius though, on the front panel display of the receiver (where the little green/red dish is) before activation it would show info to me (1080, 720P, 480, 480P for example as I cycled thru the resolutions) but after activation it is totally blank, I would expect at least a channel number or something, but all I get is the dish, and when I press a button on the remote, a little flashing LED.....is this the same for everyone?

Yes, it is the same for me.

JaydeeD said:
Off air channels now mapped correctly, but need better antenna or amplifier (didn't use stealth, used antenna I already have, but still not good enough)

Local channels are still not shown in PG All Channels. Off air signal quality dropped to 14 (from 46 last night), power to 39 (from 55) at middle of the day. Three of these channels shown correct programs in PG but have no signal.

My installer did not adjust the stealth. He said it was not necessary. Is that ture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)