Very Sad Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxkil41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
This morning I had my dog put to sleep. His name was Killian, and he was a Rott. He was only 4 years old. Killian had seizures. The medicine didn't help. He was a good friend. I will miss him deeply.

Thank you. I know it was the right thing to do, but it still hurts.

Sorry to hear, yes I lost mine abt 5 months ago it does hurt.

MY condolences as well. I had to do it years ago to a dog with an inoperable tumor that was putting pressure on his spinal cord causing intermittent pain and paralysis. I knew that there was no alternative but signing my name on the form was one of the hardest things I ever did.

To this day I miss him .

so sorry for your loss.i had a mini-pin i had to put down after 13 years so i know what your going through.my dog had seizures some would say convulsions when she was young. at the time i was feeding her ol'roy dog food from walmart. i switched to science diet and she never had a seizures again.

I share your pain. I had to put my beagle/terrier mix down almost 4 years ago because he had lymphoma and it was the hardest thing I had to do in my life so far. To this day I still miss him. Someone sent me this beautiful poem when I lost my dog and I want to share it with you. Go to: Rainbow Bridge Poem I hope it helps you in your time of loss.

When we had to put our dog down (old age and too many problem, plus she knew it was time) it was a very hard decision. We stayed with her as the vet administered the shot but we all knew it was for the best, she just wasn' t the same dog and she wanted to do things she used to do but just couldn't anymore. If you decide to get another dog I'd recommend getting one that as close to 180 degrees from your former friend to help keep down the comparisons, not good for either party.

Im not a fan of the breed but I fully understand the atachement to a dog as I had two growing up. I feel the same way about my cats and it was really hard to give up the two we had when we were forced to move out of state.

I was just in my backyard today, laying on a chaise lounge with my buddy (Rebel), and was wondering what I would do without him! My sympathy on your loss!

Tom in TX

Attachments

• Rebel.jpg
    Rebel.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts