Status
Not open for further replies.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Name 1 or 2 of your favorite cover songs.

Astronomy by BOC covered by Metallica (Whiskey in the Jar is also good on the album)

Love Hurts by Everly Brothers covered by Nazareth

The Regent's "Barbara Ann" redone by The Beach Boys.
The Vapor's "Turning Japanese" by Liz Phair.

OK SatinKzo, I just learned something, and you all thought I was to old to learn anything. Shame on you all, and Thanks SatinKzo...!! You are a Good Teacher!
So now to this, and I hope it qualifies, as they are both favorites of Mine

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka covered by the Carpenters

Signs -- Five Man Electrical Band (covered by Tesla)

Last Kiss -- J. Frank Wilson and The Cavaliers (covered by Pearl Jam)

***probably could list more, but those two are what immediately came to mind***

You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling, first by the Righteous Brothers, covered by Hall and Oates.

"Rock 'n' Roll", first by Lou Reed, then by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Another one would be, " Heard It Through The Grapevine" by Gladys Knight and the Pips, and then covered by Marvin Gaye. (Maybe the greatest "soul" song I ever heard.) Later covered again by Creedence Clearwater Revival. I enjoy all three versions.

I really like:
Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails.
Disturbed's cover of "Land of Confusion" by Genesis

In both cases, I like the cover better than the original.

I am all for credit being given where it's due, so it bugs me when a band does a cover and fans assume it is an original song of that band (understandably, and usually it's the younger fans). But other than that I like a good cover song when I hear it. :)

Good thread, Sat. :)

A few years ago I noticed that I like all songs published with the title "One". At least all the ones (no pun intended) that I know of: Metallica, U2, and Creed, Three Dog Night (all different songs, same title).

There's cover that Korn did of Metallica....trying to remember what song it was. Sounded pretty cool.

it was "One"

My Fave Covers:

Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" covered by Nonpoint YouTube - Nonpoint In The Air Tonight Video

NIN "terrible lie" covered by -i'm really not sure...everytime i've seen this it's been credited to TOOL, but i'm still not 100% sure...i only know it's an awsome cover
MySpaceTV Videos: Tool-Terrible Lie (Acoustic NiN Cover) by Brandon_Boyd_is_Amazing

By far the best cover song I listened to was Baby Got Back by Spank the Monkey. Awesome performance watching it live.

"Turn the Page" by Bob Seeger, as covered by Metallica

"She's not There" by the Zombies, as covered by Santana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts