Veterans, wear your hats.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
At the beginning of the year I had to travel to the VA Hospital and took the DAV van as usual. Of course there were several vets on the way there with me and the subject got around to me not wearing a Veteran hat. I always wear a cap but usually my favorite sports team or a Subaru hat. The guys decided I had to have a hat and bought me one at the commissary in the hospital. Nothing special about the hat, no units or actions specified like some, just "U.S.Army Veteran". Well a new cap gets worn a lot and very soon I found myself getting discounts for being a vet a places I never knew did that. All my favorite restaurants give 10% ~ 15%. Helps give my waitress a better tip. :) I bet I'll have saved almost a hundred dollars wearing this hat so far. :)

Apparently so does ACE hardware. Since I always was an avid ACE Rewards member I guess they never thought to bring that up. But I told her yesterday I was now 65 and get the Wednesday Senior Discount. She said, while observing my hat, but you get the discount everyday with the Military Discount. Yikes! when I think of the money I could have saved.

Reactions: spongella
lowes only gives 5% since the employees were giving the military discount to friends and family. you also have to register as a disabled vet and give your phone number to get the 5%. I only shop at home depot now as all you have to do is show your VA card saying your disability is service connected to get the 10%.. the best discount for being a vet is Chipotle where you get an incredible 50% off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)