VHF/UHF to UHF/UHF

I am almost ready now to order this new uhf antenna and do away with the vhf. i removed about 15 feet of cable run underneath my house and it helped a lot with the channels that i am trying to get. I do not see these channels on tvfool but they are channel 9 (55-60 signal) channel 3 (30-40 signal) channel 12 (25-30 signal) 53 (25-30 signal). these channels are about 120 miles away and flat terrain. all new channels are within 15-20 degrees. with that said, should i just stick with another xg 91 or go with another?

I wouldn't depend on always receiving those new channels as most TV stations power levels will only go out to around 90 miles so they do not overlap another station area. What happens is most likely due to atmosphere conditional and will come and go, the real test is whether you can get the stations on a 24/7 base. I'd stay with what has already be posted and add the XG 91 antenna.

I was just thinking that these channels im going for all fall in the 7-13 range, would this not be a vhf instead of a uhf? i realize that weather has a lot to do with it but ive gotten these channels under cloudy skies, sunny skies, morning, and night and i know i can get at least 9.1 and 9.2 in.

yes just checked chattanooga stations and they ae all on vhf so all i have to do is turn my vhf in that direction and keep my uhf the way it is, it will look just like nostaticatalls setup only different antenna directions. thanks guys. oh one more thing, i have a dsl antenna that sits right below the vhf and everytime i turn the dsl on the vhf cuts out. is there any cure for this?

yes just checked chattanooga stations and they ae all on vhf so all i have to do is turn my vhf in that direction and keep my uhf the way it is, it will look just like nostaticatalls setup only different antenna directions. thanks guys. oh one more thing, i have a dsl antenna that sits right below the vhf and everytime i turn the dsl on the vhf cuts out. is there any cure for this?

Are you talking about a wireless antenna for internet service. I'm used to see DSL around here coming from the phone lines, Did some checking and I would suggest to either put the DSL antenna on top of you UHF antenna and test to see if it's better or if possible try separating the two further apart.
Does your VHF stay off completely or come back on?

I have wireless internet which is a 900 MHZ system and it's antenna is located below my VHF antenna and it has no affect on any VHF signals.

Last edited:
well the dsl antenna is about a foot below the vhf. i know that is too close but it also done it when the vhf was a few feet higher. i plan on moving the vhf closer to the preamp, adding low loss cable from the vhf to the switch and trimming about 10 feet of excess cable, and adding low loss cable from the switch to the electric outlet for the preamp. I am hoping that this not only helps with the dsl cutting out the vhf, but also to get those other 6 channels in better. would this help at all?

well the dsl antenna is about a foot below the vhf. i know that is too close but it also done it when the vhf was a few feet higher. i plan on moving the vhf closer to the preamp, adding low loss cable from the vhf to the switch and trimming about 10 feet of excess cable, and adding low loss cable from the switch to the electric outlet for the preamp. I am hoping that this not only helps with the dsl cutting out the vhf, but also to get those other 6 channels in better. would this help at all?

At this point there's really no way to tell if it will make a different as it's going to be trial and error and see what works for your installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)