Viacom and DISH reached agreement?

He already announced price increase. Maybe he was expecting to have to pay more for certain channels in SD and HD in which resulted in the price increase we are going to see? If not then could we expect another huge increase next year?

So I take it that we are also going to get the new MTV Suite channels that have been missing all these years that have been on cable.

It sucks that they had to go ahead and do a new deal and be forced to pay more just to get the HD content. We can thank them for part of this price increase we are going to get due to this.

soonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoonsoon

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

?

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Did U say SOON? Just really couldn't tell. As soon as Ciel 2 gets running.

I called Dishnetwork to find out about price increase and when will the new HD be up. The CSR told me SOON. SO should we ban him from here?

My bet is next Friday will be new HD, the last Friday before Feb. 1st.

I don't think there is enough time to move Ciel 2 to 129 by next Friday and add any new programming. At a fairly quick pace of 1.5 degrees per day if it left tonight it would be there by this time next Friday. Even then they would probably want to move the stuff from E5 over before they would add anything new. Unless Ciel 2 starts moving this weekend, the likelihood it will be to 129 by the end of the month is pretty small. I think Scott mentioned a while back that Feb - March was the time frame suggested for new HD.

E5 has capacity for this, they do not need Ciel-2 over there to add a lot of national HD. Now that Ciel-2 is on the way over, Dish engineers probably have nothing to do for a week. Perhaps it is a nice break to turn on a bunch of HD. First week of February they will probably all be busy again migrating E5 over to Ciel-2. Once E5 is on the way to 148 they will still be busy lighting up all the spot LiLs that were not on E5.

I'm sure the number of SD customers E* has still outnumbers the number of HD customers by a decent margin, so why would launching HD before people have to pay their February bills be an "appeasement?" Launching HD when it becomes available both from the network and based on contracts/satellite space is done to keep up with the Joneses. There is no benefit in delaying it. Fees went up because that is what they do. There is a lot of overhead in existing equipment as well as developing new equipment, and guess who pays that tab? In the eyes of Charlie, I'm sure you could always go to cable or D*, but they'll raise their rates too.

I'm sure the number of SD customers E* has still outnumbers the number of HD customers by a decent margin, so why would launching HD before people have to pay their February bills be an "appeasement?" Launching HD when it becomes available both from the network and based on contracts/satellite space is done to keep up with the Joneses. There is no benefit in delaying it. Fees went up because that is what they do. There is a lot of overhead in existing equipment as well as developing new equipment, and guess who pays that tab? In the eyes of Charlie, I'm sure you could always go to cable or D*, but they'll raise their rates too.

SD customers see $1-3 price increase, some of the HD only rates are $10+ higher.

E5 has capacity for this, they do not need Ciel-2 over there to add a lot of national HD. Now that Ciel-2 is on the way over, Dish engineers probably have nothing to do for a week. Perhaps it is a nice break to turn on a bunch of HD. First week of February they will probably all be busy again migrating E5 over to Ciel-2. Once E5 is on the way to 148 they will still be busy lighting up all the spot LiLs that were not on E5.

No, but Ciel-2 makes for a darn nice excuse as to why they were not turned on before.

To get back on subject, I hope that Dish Network would add BET J as well as break-up the Noggin/N setup into separate channels.

I didn't read anywhere in the article about LOGO or exactly what channels would be coming. I want LOGO on Dish and hope this is true.

Well there is slight good clue. In a certain beta software for online DVR control under the section for selecting preferred networks LOGO is listed as a network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)