Vick Attended Dogfight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I guess my point is that some people think that the two are comparable and some don't. You are the one that said that we can't condemn people for having a connection to a sport that was legal for hundreds of years. I said that the fact that it once was legal never made it right. Comparing dogfighting or slavery to oral sex is patently ridiculous and a transparent attempt to obfuscate.

Have we reached the point where discussions her are as pointless as those in the Pit or the War Zone? But like I said you Are the one that thinks that he long time legal status of dogfighting is somehow important but the illegality of other things is not. I pointesd out taht the fact that it ince was legal is irrelevant and your posts seem to confirm that. So why did you make the point to begin with?

Goes to show you that are only seeing in my post what you want to see. Vurbano stated that "there must be something morally wrong with Vick". I asked if everyone in the past, seeing that rooster fighting and dog fighting was legal for hundreds of years...was there something morally wrong with them.
My point is.....maybe he grew up in an environment that dog fighting was prevelent....an everyday thing that is no different than walking your dog....

Did you know that in many Caribbean islands, rooster or cock fights are still VERY legal....INCLUDING the gambling for it?? In some countries, they have auditoriums for cock fighting......

well, as much as the thought of dog fighting disgusts me, the fact that vick and his boys inhumanely killed non productive dogs is worse than dispicable (sp).

and just because this is legal in some countries doesn't make it legal. sadly, not all countries have strict laws for protecting animals from this vicious behavior. i don't care if this was in his background. it still isn't legal and its still disgusting.

btw, i guess mikie had a change of heart because he pleaded guilty to all charges today in federal court. and i love the fact he's facing a tough judge. hope they put away this loser for a long time!

Goes to show you that are only seeing in my post what you want to see. Vurbano stated that "there must be something morally wrong with Vick". I asked if everyone in the past, seeing that rooster fighting and dog fighting was legal for hundreds of years...was there something morally wrong with them.
My point is.....maybe he grew up in an environment that dog fighting was prevelent....an everyday thing that is no different than walking your dog....

Did you know that in many Caribbean islands, rooster or cock fights are still VERY legal....INCLUDING the gambling for it?? In some countries, they have auditoriums for cock fighting......

I don't care what environment he grew up in. Some things are just wrong. For different reasons both slavery and dogfighting are wrong. And walking your dog and dogfighting---or killing dogs that don't perform well just is not the same thing. So please don't compare the two.

I also don't care if cockfighting or even bearfighting is legal in some places. the legality there is simply irrelevant to this situation.T
Ia m sorry but your comparisons just don't hold water . It is not very often that I agree with Vurbano and disagree with you but in this case i think that he is closer to the mark than you are. there just is not that much moral ambiguity about dogfighting and dog killing.

Last edited:
Vick picture: "I got off easy"

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="hb t1" vAlign=top width="1%"></TD><TD class="hb t1" vAlign=top>Today

</TD><TD class="ymymdedit hb" vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><STYLE>.mtysm {font:77% verdana;cursor:hand;cursor:pointer;}td.mtysm {padding:5px;}td.mtysm img{vertical-align:middle;}#mtyLnks {text-align:right;margin-top:5px}b.h3 {font-size:1.1em}.mtyoff{background:#E5EFFB;}.mtyon img {opacity:0.4;_filter:alpha(opacity=40);}.mtyoff a { color:#333399; }.mtyon a { color:#666666; text-decoration:none; }</STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4> </TD><TD id=mtyTB vAlign=top colSpan=2>Vick pleads guilty to dogfighting
(AP) Michael Vick files a plea agreement in federal court admitting to a charge that includes killing fighting dogs. more
Photos: Michael Vick

</TD></TR><TR><TD id=mtySpc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class="mtysm mtyoff" onmousedown=mtyS(0) id=mtyB0 vAlign=center width="40%">
spacesurprise0824_tbn.jpg
Huge hole in universe discovered...</TD><TD class="mtysm mtyoff" onmousedown=mtyS(1) id=mtyB1 vAlign=center width="40%">
flipflops0824dial_tbn.jpg
Watch: Why are flip-flops bad for your feet?...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="hb t1" vAlign=top width="1%"></TD><TD class="hb t1" vAlign=top>Today

</TD><TD class="ymymdedit hb" vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><STYLE>.mtysm {font:77% verdana;cursor:hand;cursor:pointer;}td.mtysm {padding:5px;}td.mtysm img{vertical-align:middle;}#mtyLnks {text-align:right;margin-top:5px}b.h3 {font-size:1.1em}.mtyoff{background:#E5EFFB;}.mtyon img {opacity:0.4;_filter:alpha(opacity=40);}.mtyoff a { color:#333399; }.mtyon a { color:#666666; text-decoration:none; }</STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4> </TD><TD id=mtyTB vAlign=top colSpan=2>Vick pleads guilty to dogfighting
(AP) Michael Vick files a plea agreement in federal court admitting to a charge that includes killing fighting dogs. more
Photos: Michael Vick
</TD></TR><TR><TD id=mtySpc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class="mtysm mtyoff" onmousedown=mtyS(0) id=mtyB0 vAlign=center width="40%">
spacesurprise0824_tbn.jpg
Huge hole in universe discovered...</TD><TD class="mtysm mtyoff" onmousedown=mtyS(1) id=mtyB1 vAlign=center width="40%">
flipflops0824dial_tbn.jpg
Watch: Why are flip-flops bad for your feet?...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)