Baseball Attendance Issues

The Orioles have always managed to fill the stands at Camden Yards even with poor teams. I was surprised to see the stands less than half-full this spring. I think the fans are getting tired of losing.

Yeah, talk about a good fan base that has been beaten into submission...it's a shame.

Sandra

School has resumed in Georgia and surrounding states, which makes it more difficult for the Braves to fill Turner Field on weeknights. The economy is also hurting ticket sales. With unemployment hovering around 10 per cent in Atlanta, lots of folks just can't shell out $$$ for the Braves. That said, Braves fans have a ho-hum attitude toward the team, even when it is winning.
The Braves have always been more of a tv watching affair, dating back to the days of Ted putting every games on over the air on WTBS-17.

I still remember the days of my father sending me outside every night at 7:35 to position the antenna (we were on the hairy edge of the broadcast area(.

I am by no means a Rangers fan, but this summer has been absolutely miserable weather-wise in DFW. I wouldn't go to games when it's this hot.

dfw.gif
The worst part are the low temps. It is one thing to be 100 in the afternoon, but to only cool down to the 80s in the early morning. This means most of the night it is still in the 90s. You would have to run your AC 24/7 and keep your house closed. This will make it difficult for me to sleep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)