Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is something that didn't get much press, while it was briefly mentioned in the press conference, no facts were given.

One of the main reasons I guess is because they just got it working THIS MORNING before CES opened.

What it is is DISH arcade, where you can play all kinds of games like Darts, Slingo and Tetris. But what makes this unique is the games are not on the Hopper they are all in the cloud and when you play the games you are actually playing them and viewing them from the remote server.

For those of you in IT its almost like a VNC client... You are viewing and playing on the remote server.

This means games can be added and removed or changed without making any changes to the software on the Hopper.

Because they just got it working this morning it was buggy but mainly due to the poor internet connection that is at CES. So because of that when we shot this demo we decided not to show how it works, as chances are it wouldn't. Again more of an issue with the internet at the Los Vegas Convention Center than anything else.

So now here's Paris Bradley with a quick look at the DISH Arcade on the Hopper 3...

I wonder what other services they will use with this same technology on the cloud? Additional DVR storage? Home surveilence DVR storage?

The current Dish Interactive was an added monthly cost for the Games, are these going to be all games included for one monthly cost, or individual App purchases like a phone or tablet would be?

I wonder what other services they will use with this same technology on the cloud? Additional DVR storage? Home surveilence DVR storage?

There are lots of ideas for the H3 but the key now is getting them out the door first, after that they can add more features. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)