Video Dropouts on ViP 722

lwien

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I get occasional video dropouts but the audio is just fine.

Using a ViP722.

It's definatly not the TV because I can rewind the DVR and it duplicates the dropout.

Again, just video. The audio is fine.

Anyone else experience this?

I get occasional video dropouts but the audio is just fine.

Using a ViP722.

It's definatly not the TV because I can rewind the DVR and it duplicates the dropout.

Again, just video. The audio is fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Ditto for me. It is happening on the Olympics HD channels for you?

Been watching the Olympics on KNBC local, but yeah, it seems to be happening on all the channels.

I noticed that on Bravo channel the other day on a movie I recorded and on Encore hd too. I thought it was something wrong with the channel itself but now I wonder if it software related.

Are these about 1/2 second dropouts?

I've seen a few during on HD Olympic channels, but no where else. I figured it was just China censoring the guy holding up the "John 3:16" banner. ;)

My 722 froze up about a week ago and I spent 2 entire evenings in a row talking to tech support. I have been through the "reset" process about a hundred times now (by either turning off the receiver with the remote, the power button on the front panel, and/or unplugging from the wall) then through all the check switch tests.......and on, and on, and on. Tomorrow morning I will be hosting my 5th visit from a DISH tech in the past 3 months. They have already replaced my 722 receiver once, (about 3 weeks ago) and I suspect they will have to again. Sometimes I can get it to work, but it usually only lasts about 5 minutes, then the screen freezes again and we're back to resetting mode. The longest I've gotten this receiver to work is about an hour at a time....and I've just about had it. Ended up hooking up an old 301 I purchased several years ago just so we could watch the Olympics....my frustration level is about maxed out.

The strangest thing about this is that I have perfect audio on channel 300 (in HD) and on 303 (non HD)......but every other channel is nothing but the black screen of death.

Has anyone else experienced a situation like this?

I have shelled out several hundreds of dollars removing trees - including trimming one of my neighbors (with permission) and now this receiver doesn't work at all. At least when we had some tree/leaves interference I could understand why we would, on occasion, get a broken up signal that cleared up within a few seconds......but now we have absolutely nothing. This piece of crap worked better when we still had trees on our block!

I need some advice. I'm sure the tech will show up tomorrow and start telling me some BS about outside interference again.....which would be funny if I still had any shade left.

I am not having any problems with any other receiver on this setup (3 units) and my signal strength on any satellite is never lower than 50 or so on real cloudy days - so what gives? In my last conversation with DISH (earlier this evening) I asked if there were any known problems with the 722 (software or whatever) and the tech on the phone had the audacity to tell me "none at all"....what the heck? Spend about 2 seconds on Google searching "ViP722 problems" and stand by to read about 10,000+ posts....no problems my eye.

OK - I'm stepping off the soapbox good readers. Someone please clue me in.

Are these about 1/2 second dropouts?

I've seen a few during on HD Olympic channels, but no where else. I figured it was just China censoring the guy holding up the "John 3:16" banner. ;)

Yep. That sounds about right. 1/2 to 1 second video drop outs . I had them when I was on 610 software. I haven't seen them since I received 612 software.

My 722 froze up about a week ago and I spent 2 entire evenings in a row talking to tech support. I have been through the "reset" process about a hundred times now (by either turning off the receiver with the remote, the power button on the front panel, and/or unplugging from the wall) then through all the check switch tests.......and on, and on, and on. Tomorrow morning I will be hosting my 5th visit from a DISH tech in the past 3 months. They have already replaced my 722 receiver once, (about 3 weeks ago) and I suspect they will have to again. Sometimes I can get it to work, but it usually only lasts about 5 minutes, then the screen freezes again and we're back to resetting mode. The longest I've gotten this receiver to work is about an hour at a time....and I've just about had it. Ended up hooking up an old 301 I purchased several years ago just so we could watch the Olympics....my frustration level is about maxed out.

The strangest thing about this is that I have perfect audio on channel 300 (in HD) and on 303 (non HD)......but every other channel is nothing but the black screen of death.

Has anyone else experienced a situation like this?

I have shelled out several hundreds of dollars removing trees - including trimming one of my neighbors (with permission) and now this receiver doesn't work at all. At least when we had some tree/leaves interference I could understand why we would, on occasion, get a broken up signal that cleared up within a few seconds......but now we have absolutely nothing. This piece of crap worked better when we still had trees on our block!

I need some advice. I'm sure the tech will show up tomorrow and start telling me some BS about outside interference again.....which would be funny if I still had any shade left.

I am not having any problems with any other receiver on this setup (3 units) and my signal strength on any satellite is never lower than 50 or so on real cloudy days - so what gives? In my last conversation with DISH (earlier this evening) I asked if there were any known problems with the 722 (software or whatever) and the tech on the phone had the audacity to tell me "none at all"....what the heck? Spend about 2 seconds on Google searching "ViP722 problems" and stand by to read about 10,000+ posts....no problems my eye.

OK - I'm stepping off the soapbox good readers. Someone please clue me in.
Update - The technician from Dish walked in the door, I told him what the problem was and he immediately returned to his truck and brought in a brand new 722 to replace the one I had. Fired the system back up and I haven't had any problems since. To quote the tech - "third time must be the charm".

Well, I didn't replace my 722, but since I got the update from 6.10 o 6.12, the video dropouts are no longer an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts