video freeze

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mrs_Tommie

Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Hello all. I'm not much of a techie but I'm trying to trouble-shoot a problem we're having with our receiver. We have a 1 year old Samsung SIR-S300W receiver. Twice now the video image has frozen without apparent cause. This happened while watching programs without anyone touching the remote or control panel. The audio continues normally. The remote will not operate the receiver although it still works normally with other equipment. Trying to manually turn the receiver off on the front panel does not work. Removing the card makes no difference. The only way we've been able to reclaim control of our receiver is to unplug it from the power source.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I don't have a solution, but I was about to post just about the exact same thing because I have the same model, the same problem, and same solution (so far). The last software update I got was 10/8, I wonder if that's causing some problem? Though I would think it's not that just because it's been over a month. I have noticed that there are several Samsung owners very recently posting this problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.