video on demand delayed

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am on this side of the situation, I personally could care less about VOD , but thats just me .. and V ... (wow)

Jimbo
At over $100.00 a month my bill like many others is already high enough. Just no interest in spending money to watch one show one time for a fee. Id rather sign up for netflix or BB online. I guess Im either poor or a tightwad. I am somehow that has never ordered a PPV and never will.

At over $100.00 a month my bill like many others is already high enough. Just no interest in spending money to watch one show one time for a fee. Id rather sign up for netflix or BB online. I guess Im either poor or a tightwad. I am somehow that has never ordered a PPV and never will.

I don't pay extra for this type of thing either, my bill is around $100 p/m as well and I do not order PPV's either.

Any rumor as to what the VOD will cost yet ?

IF and thats a big IF, they are the same price as the PPV's, could we eventually see traditional PPV's go away in order to have only one form of movies available, that being VOD...
Essentially it's the same thing as PPV's you just don't have to wait for youer movie to start is all. I guess thy would have a data base as well so I would think that all your movies would be available at any time as well, so I would see that being an advantage as well, vs just the ones listed on PPV.

Jimbo

I know I am dying to try VOD but I agree with Vurbano and Jimbo. I dont want to pay anything extra as I already shell out enough on so many things and Directv. If its free, I will definitely take advantage. Pay per view, only a movie or show or 2 a year. Thats it. Of course if trial period I will try it to heck but I HATE being nickeled and dimed per usage on anything. If its 10 bucks for unlimited, its got a possibility but I would have to see the selections, quality and how much I use it. Did I mention I HATE being nickeled and dimed. :p

I'm hearing the VOD will be like cable in the billing aspect. Some will be PPV movies while other content will be subscription content. So for example they may carry Starz On Demand and that would give you unlimited usage each month of Starz On Demand content if you subscribe to the Starz Superpak.

I'm hearing the VOD will be like cable in the billing aspect. Some will be PPV movies while other content will be subscription content. So for example they may carry Starz On Demand and that would give you unlimited usage each month of Starz On Demand content if you subscribe to the Starz Superpak.

The Starz on Demand I am kean too. However, the reason why VOD in the first phase may not appeal to me, I am HD all the way and view anything less than HDLite as near worthless. Now I am willing to accept some things just below pure HD but forget about anything regular SD.

IF and thats a big IF, they are the same price as the PPV's, could we eventually see traditional PPV's go away in order to have only one form of movies available, that being VOD...
PPV can't reasonably go away until everyone who would use it has a receiver that can do VOD. I'm thinking that some of the PPV events like fights and/or races won't be available as soon as the PPV casts.

So for example they may carry Starz On Demand and that would give you unlimited usage each month of Starz On Demand content if you subscribe to the Starz Superpak.
Go to the Starz! website and look at the range of content available on demand. I think you'll be disappointed by the limited offerings.

in all fairness, i enjoyed this feature when i had cable. first, you had a nice selection of back episodes to choose from and watch when you wanted to. they didn't have any major networks but did have enough others that kept my interest..........especially hbo and showtime.

They are toying with folks again at the other site hinting of VOD might work on the current Living on the Edge version for the HR20-700 but needs an activation method something to do with the same code we use to force a download. 0 2 4 6 8.

I can live with or without VOD but I just wish they would stop dicking around with folks. Its gotten beyond childish and is actually rude. If you have the code, then release it. If you are not allowed to, then just shut up and stop playing games. I can do this with my 9 month old with a toy, but it makes him cry and is not very nice.

They are toying with folks again at the other site hinting of VOD might work on the current Living on the Edge version for the HR20-700 but needs an activation method something to do with the same code we use to force a download. 0 2 4 6 8.

I can live with or without VOD but I just wish they would stop dicking around with folks. Its gotten beyond childish and is actually rude. If you have the code, then release it. If you are not allowed to, then just shut up and stop playing games. I can do this with my 9 month old with a toy, but it makes him cry and is not very nice.

That is not how I read it at all. I read it as good fun.

I guess to each their own. I enjoy helping others, watching recorded programs or configuring things. I dont find trying to guess cryptic messages on a forum fun. I know there are plenty of folks over there that live for this. I just dont have the time nor do I care to participate. To those that dont want to play, I dont think its very nice. But then, the best medicine is to just ignore it and let them have their fun.

Oh I encourage all to try and solve but if do, share. Sharing is what makes all the sites including this one work. I would do this differently but I am not the holder of the key. I really enjoy doing the Living on the Edge releases.

That is not how I read it at all. I read it as good fun.

Same here. Just a bunch of guys bored at work basically. One must remember that it's very much a "community" over there (not putting down this site, just to be clear) and think of this as a bunch of guys getting together for some beers Friday night and shooting the breeze. Nothing more. No harm down and they're having fun. What's the harm in having fun? Better then the constant whine and cry fest on the Tivo forum. :D

IMHO - both sites deliver important info (mostly) as well as total nonsense (occasionally).

We need both to thrive - and grow. And hopefully to get back on more friendly terms with each other.

Does anyone know if D* is going to get access to Howard Tv? That is a feature that cable has over sat........

Same here. Just a bunch of guys bored at work basically. One must remember that it's very much a "community" over there (not putting down this site, just to be clear) and think of this as a bunch of guys getting together for some beers Friday night and shooting the breeze. Nothing more. No harm down and they're having fun. What's the harm in having fun? Better then the constant whine and cry fest on the Tivo forum. :D

To me, it would be fine for them to do this in a ChitChat forum. It is obvious that Earl and his guys have alot of inside information and SatGuys isn't privy to it at this time. If they want to have "fun", take it to chit-chat. I just read through 5 pages of BS only to find that it lead nowhere. Sure, you can say if you don't like it, don't go there, but...for the time being, it is the site DirecTV has chosen to release "insider" information. Don't start a thread talking about the "magic code", when in reality it is no more than a game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)