video on demand on 622?

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hello.

will video on demand be supported on the 622, i read that it will be supported on the 722?

also what is the rumor on the largest external hard drive supported on the 622?

thank you...Joe

ETA on External USB HDD support is August 15th.

Video on demand is coming, but probably not on that same date. Check the threads in the Dish-HD forum.

Hello.

will video on demand be supported on the 622, i read that it will be supported on the 722?
thank you...Joe
VOD has been on the 622 for a while. It currently allows you to pay even more for the same movie that's on PPV and with more limitations. It's a virtual stroke of marketing genius.

VOD has been on the 622 for a while. It currently allows you to pay even more for the same movie that's on PPV and with more limitations. It's a virtual stroke of marketing genius.

Thats DOD. True VOD, at least for some programming (Starz?), is coming.

And I believe it won't be too much longer in coming. Think about it- it's a feature in high demand, and will bring in a lot of money to Dish. I hope they make thousands of programs available- including old TV shows. And high def movies.

Largest drive right now, 750GB. Larger might work, but no promises. This size limit will be increased at a later date.

That may be but I guess it will depend how much Dish is allowed to interfere with it. Given how Dish is handling (or lack thereof) their DOD, what's to say they won't try to employ some of their same stupidity on Starz?

Don't get me wrong, it might be great to have a decent VOD source if it's handled properly but tastes in programming is such a subjective thing and Dish has never, ever been strong on perception of what their customers think is good. Starz on the other hand is, IMO the best of the premium movie venues for programming, so, like I said, maybe if Dish just lets Starz handle it, it might work out ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)