Video Problems with Sling Adaptor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LazyB720

Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Southwest
I recently purchased a Sling Adaptor from Dish Network. We have four computers in our household, 3 laptops and one desktop. On three of the pc's I'm able to receive excellent audio and video. No problems at all. HOWEVER, on my Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop, I can get audio but no video at all. Dish Network seems to think that there is a video setting that might need to be changed or adjusted. Can you please help me? The other laptop screens are quite small and I would love to be able view programs on my 17 inch Dell when we go out of town. Thanks.

atnsn@q.com:

There could be a few different issued causing you not to have sound. If you could PM me and let me know what web browser you are using I can make some suggestions. Thanks! Also you may want to try updating your audio drivers by going to Dell's website and downloading the updated drivers for your model.

HOWEVER, on my Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop, I can get audio but no video at all. Dish Network seems to think that there is a video setting that might need to be changed or adjusted.
Everything I'm finding for an inspiron 1000 says this is a notebook from 2004, with a 2.2gig celeron processor .. none of them so far have shown 17" screens. Can you give the Service Tag (pm if you're worried about everyone seeing it) so that the specs can be *definite* for the one you have.

If its really a 2.2G celeron from 2004 ... its probably not powerful enough to run.

One or two things you can also do.. 1 start the stream .. when the audio is playing, hit the "full screen" arrow to see if the video shows up .. appears to be a DO (Dish Online) glitch ... Another thing you can do.. in windowed mode .. hold down CTRL and left click inside the video window ... this will bring up current specs and maybe something there will show out of whack.. (screen shot below)

streaminfo - cleaned.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way, I was wrong about the screen size. It's 15 inches.

Having a rain storm here ( rare occurrence ) so I have to reboot my receiver. Will let you know if it works.

Did reboot and still nada on pc for video. Did get the specs but have no clue what they mean.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. By the way, I was wrong about the screen size. It's 15 inches.
Having a rain storm here ( rare occurrence ) so I have to reboot my receiver. Will let you know if it works.
Did reboot and still nada on pc for video. Did get the specs but have no clue what they mean.
So then if this is the original Dell Inspiron 1000 ... it only has a 2.2GHz Celeron processor, not dual core, and it probably can not handle the job its being requested to do.

Try setting the stream quality to SD \ Good .... not Auto or Better because it may not be starting properly and have the problem.

Info on the Celeron 2.2 Mobile
http://ark.intel.com/products/27318/Mobile-Intel-Celeron-Processor-2_20-GHz-256K-Cache-400-MHz-FSB

And for reference with regards to "Pentium 4 class" and Celerons
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question268.htm
When you sort all this out and compare the two chips side by side, it turns out that a Celeron and a Pentium 4 chip running at the same speed are different beasts. The smaller L2 cache size and slower bus speeds can mean serious performance differences depending on what you want to do with your computerhttp://computer.howstuffworks.com/pc.htm. If all you do is check e-mail and browse the Web, the Celeron is fine, and the price difference can save you a lot of money.

Connectivity Test Tool
System Requirements

System Recommendations for Video Streaming

PC Requirements
HD Streaming Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 duo class processor with 2 GB of RAM

SD/QVGA Streaming Pentium IV class

Operating System Microsoft XP, Vista, or Windows 7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts