View mode?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

indestructible

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Ohio
I have a Duo 222k and it seems to be stuck in "stretch" viewing mode, so things on the edge of the screen get cut off. I can't figure out how to change it with the remote, though. Any advice?

Oh, cool, thanks. I had tried pretty much every button but that one. @_@

Also, the same receiver is connected to an SD TV, and I noticed this problem occurs on the SD TV, too, even when watching SD channels. Is there any way to fix that on the SD TV? I'm pretty sure I tried pressing the * button on the SD TV remote, and that didn't do anything (hence why I didn't think to try it on my HD TV).

On SD channels there is no "format" change allowed. It's always full screen 4:3 (on TV2.) On HD channels there are options of "Normal" which cuts off the sides of the 16:9 picture to create a 4:3 picture and "Letterbox" which scales the HD down and creates 16:9 on the 4:3 screen using black bars on the top and bottom (again, on TV2.)

At one time the page up/down buttons also control aspect on my 722. Now only the * does. Try the * on your 2nd remote and see if that fixes the problem, Also try the page buttons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)