View TV Abroad

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
If anybody is interested in receiving British television programing online,I recommend View TV Online Watch UK TV Abroad - ITV Player Abroad - iPlayer Abroad - How to Watch iPlayer outside UK . The cost is £6.49 per month($10.99). What they do is once you set up an account through Paypal(don't EVER use your credit/debit card to pay,because the card would be charged in the UK,your credit/debit card company will suspend your card for fraud,especially if you are using it in the good ole USA at the same time the charge in the UK is made. I learned that the hard way). They'll send you instructions on how to set up a VPN so that you'll be able to use UK servers & view BBC & ITV programing live(American shows will be blacked out on ITV & you won't be able to watch them,but British programing works). The BBC site keeps asking if you have a "TV license" to view their programing before you can,I never say that I don't have one.
A new feature that View TV Abroad has is Sky Go. This is Sky Satellite TV that you can watch over the internet over their VPN using the username & password that they send you to be able to sign onto the Sky Go site. It is an extra £13.50 per month. I just ordered it & I have it up & running. Always remember that the UK is 5 hours ahead of us,so their "Primetime" starts around 12PM-1PM EST.

I was just watching BBC1. I don't know what the movie is called,it's some 1800's period piece,but the weird thing about the whole thing is that while you are watching the movie,some woman is standing in the lower right corner signing the dialog for the deaf. No close captioning,just some woman in the lower right corner giving it a Mystery Science Theater 3000 feel to it.

for what it's worth I signed up for 1 month of this service, just curious...not that impressed with it
BB1 and BB2 work pretty consistently as does ITV1 but the rest aren't very reliable...don't load, etc. Maybe worth 5 bucks per month but $11 no way...

There are lots of free proxies out there too. I use xroxy.com to look them up quickly. I just look one up and change the settings in firefox to use a manual proxy and it works fine when I go to bbc or itv to watch. Sometimes I have to try a couple out but if you look for one with a low latency, usually there are no problems. I watch quite a bit from BBC and ITV.

for what it's worth I signed up for 1 month of this service, just curious...not that impressed with it
BB1 and BB2 work pretty consistently as does ITV1 but the rest aren't very reliable...don't load, etc. Maybe worth 5 bucks per month but $11 no way...

Sky Go can be a pain in the butt to watch with the near constant buffering. If they would offer the auto setting on all channels instead of auto on some & high on others,it wouldn't buffer so much. That's not a problem with View TV Abroad,that's a problem with Sky TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)