View Upcoming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satinmex

Original poster
May 30, 2010
Texas
I am new to Directv. On Dish you could program the receiver to auto tune to an upcoming program. The only thing that seems similar on Direct is "View Upcoming". However this does not to seem to do anything, Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to have the receiver (HR24) automatically switch to an upcoming program?

unfortunately the DVR's do not have that option. We've had a couple threads on it. I wish it was an option

View Upcoming allows you to see all the showings of a title in the next 2 weeks.

I am new to Directv. On Dish you could program the receiver to auto tune to an upcoming program. The only thing that seems similar on Direct is "View Upcoming". However this does not to seem to do anything, Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to have the receiver (HR24) automatically switch to an upcoming program?

You can "AutoTune " with the H Recvrs, but not the HR recvrs.
That said, you can set it up to record the show that you want it to auto tune too.

"View Upcoming" lists all upcoming showings of the program. On a DVR, you can highlight one of these showings and press the Record button on the remote, and it'll add it to the scheduler. On a standard H receiver, you can highlight a showing and press Enter (not Select) and it will set it to autotune. Unfortunately as was already mentioned, Autotune is not a function that is available on the DVR's (yet). It is in high demand though, so hopefully sometime soon it'll be added. Seeing as there is a new GUI in the works, there could be new features incorporated into it, but we don't quite know yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best time to call customer service?

Decreased remote range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts