Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Almost two-thirds of DirecTV Inc.’s NCAA March Madness package subscribers with interactive receivers took advantage of its on-demand interactive features during the first week of the tournament.

While company officials would not reveal the number of interactive-enabled subscribers who purchased the out-of-market NCAA men’s college-basketball-tournament package, they said nearly 66% of such subscribers used the new array of interactive features.

Among the interactive features, more than 49% of subscribers used the “Game Mix” channel, which offered as many as three live contests on the screen at one time; more than 30% pulled up on-screen scores; and more than 36% accessed the tournament-bracket feature to make and follow their picks.

DirecTV Entertainment executive vice president Eric Shanks said a majority of interactive-package subscribers used the interactive features more than once.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6318805.html?display=Breaking+News

I don't know why anybody would have paid for this because you could get all the games for free from the NCAA march madness on demand over the internet. I know you couldn't see them in HD this way, but it was a way to see the game I wanted without the extra cost (free). www.ncaasports.com/mmod Don't get me wrong I love to watch HD programming, but for someone like me who is a work during the early games the $59 just didn't make since. Just my opinion.

freddog said:
I don't know why anybody would have paid for this because you could get all the games for free from the NCAA march madness on demand over the internet. I know you couldn't see them in HD this way, but it was a way to see the game I wanted without the extra cost (free). www.ncaasports.com/mmod Don't get me wrong I love to watch HD programming, but for someone like me who is a work during the early games the $59 just didn't make since. Just my opinion.

My problem is that you could only watch one game at a time. I had four TVs set up in front of my couch, took both days off work, and invited friends over. I could always watch the best game, and could easily switch to a different game during commercials.

Plus, MMOD wouldn't work on my Mac.

For $59, MMM has to be the best deal out of any D*'s sport packages.

I had the package last year and it was a waste. Reason why, my local CBS was providing an HD stream on channel 1, game 2 on channel 2 and game 3 on channel 3. Of course you needed OTA and digital tuner but it gave me all the games I wanted. What the problem was with the package, the regular analog game wasnt necessarily the same as the HD game.

So when blackout was applied, it didnt sync with the HD channel and was blocked. It drove me crazy and was a waste. So between the internet, analog CBS, and my 3 digital channels, I got all I wanted.

djsmokyc said:
My problem is that you could only watch one game at a time. I had four TVs set up in front of my couch, took both days off work, and invited friends over. I could always watch the best game, and could easily switch to a different game during commercials.

Plus, MMOD wouldn't work on my Mac.

For $59, MMM has to be the best deal out of any D*'s sport packages.

Download Flip4Mac plugin, worked well for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)