Viewsat Extreme help...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

giovanni1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hi guys....

I have been trying over the last few weeks to set up my Viewsat with a motorized dish.

I have a question regarding the sat setup in the Viewsat. It may be hard to explain.
I have been adding sats manually as I go (if it is not in the list) and blind scanning one by one.
I started at 72W and had success up to the sats in the 90's. Last night I attempted to add 93.1W. After the sat is setup in the menu, it asks you to save as it would normally. When saved you can go to the previous screen to scan. Once scanned, you can go to the sat list and call up the channels on that sat.
For some reason it is not saving the sat info, but the channels are there. Problem is, when you call up the sat list, it is blank. But again, the channels that were just scanned are there.
Because it is not saving the sat info, it wont move the dish over to that spot.

I tried another sat, 101W, and the same thing happened. Channels are there, but no sat info, no dish movement.

The dish moves fine if I call up the previous sats, 72, 74, 79, and so on....

Does anyone know if there is a limit to sats for the Viewsat?

It's been a awhile....
Try adding a "dummy" Transponder to the Sat, re-set LNB info, then blind Scan.
Or, you can use an existing un-used Sat, rename it and change it's Location in the USALS menu.

Edit: You can use the Channel Editor too

The cahnnel editor is where I have been adding sats from. Is there a better area?

Also, through channel editor there is an option to add or delete sats. For some reason, it will not let me delete the sat.
If I highlite the "blank sat" that I mentioned before, even though I know which one it is, it wont let me delete it.
I gave that a try after thinking that I had reached the sat limit. But no go!

I cant even delete any of the other sats for that matter.

I would really hate to do a factory reset on the receiver, I have the motor set up and everything!

no i don't think there is a limit to how many sats you can load on a viewsat.
intresting problem your having.i to add sats that are not on the list of my viewsat but i don't have a motor . i usually rename a sat i will not be using.

Hi
no I have not deleted a sat but there is a place to do this in the main menu then channel scan at the bottom of channel scan pager there are 5 icons last one is satellite delete.

That is where I know it to be also, but it is not allowing me to delete a sat, only a transponder.

What I found last night is that if you go into the channel edit mode, you can delete all channels that are on the sat you want to delete. Then go back to your screen as if you wanted to watch TV again. Press the SAT button on the remote to list your SAT's, and the SAT that you just delete all channels from is no longer on the list. It is still in the satellite list when you go to 'Installation", but at least now you can go back to the "channel scan" to rename and re-scan that SAT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)