Viewsat Extreme

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dumax

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
morning all:

I hope this is the right place to post this message (cry for help).

We've just purchased a Viewsat Extreme receiver and are having a difficult time getting it up and running. The Canadian Distributor was unable to help us and referred us to you. Initially the screen display was shades of blue now it is grey on grey. In the antenna set up screen we had two columns indicating signal strength, both of which where in the green at about 75-80%, now there is only one and it is black. There are many screens to scroll through and we have not a clue what some of the options do. I suspect that I've inadvertently screwed something up. The user manual is vague and not user friendly. I've reset the receiver to the factory default settings but nothing has changed. If you could explain what is happening we would be very grateful. Also if you could tell us where to obtain a user manual that explains all the menu options it would be much appreciated. I was told to ‘reflash the receiver with the factory firmware’( VS2000-v0501-ALPU-20051108.zip…unzipped of course). I tried that but the screen is still monochrome and indicates no signal although the satellite finder says that the signal is present. I’m lost in space. Please help. Thanks in advance .

What channels and satellites were you looking for at the time?

need to know current setupo
-Dish size
-is a motor involved?
-LNB?
-what satellite are you aimed at
-zip code (postal code) so we can get you the angles to aim the dish properly

Initially I used a satellite finder to get best signal on any satellite just to see how the reciever worked. After getting a strong signal I then hooked the co-ax to the receiver, went into antenna setup and looked for a satellite with good signal. It turned out that dish #7 had both the S & Q signals at about 80% in the green (don't know what S & Q mean). I went with the default settings in the antenna setup menu. No disq, straight in from the lnb. I then selected O.K and it proceded to download the channels. It downloaded about 350 video channels and 3 or 5 radio channels. The video channels all had a dollar symbol next to them and I was not able to get a picture. 2 of the radio channels did not have the symbol and I was able to listen to the music. I then checked out the various menu options and sub-screens. I left it at that for the day and when I returned to it the next day, nada. Monochrome screen, no signal. I'm able to access all the menus but no picture or music. It says NO CHANNEL. That is where I'm at now. By the way, the VS2000 puts out an lnb voltage of 13.84 vdc for about 3 seconds and then quits. I was not able to use it with the satellite meter. Hope all this makes some sense.

what size dish are you working with?
what are you trying to pick up?

the reason the $ shows up is those are scrambled channels and you CANNOT pick them up.

I'm using an 18" old DTV dish. I picked up Echostar #7 at 119. Signal strength of 80% on both the S & Q bars (I don't know what S or Q stands for). Now, even though I can click through all the menus, reset to factory defaults etc, the screen remains monochrome and the display says 'NO CHANNELS'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts