Viewsat Platnum or Extreme Blind scan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
Was reading that the Extreme has " hardware " blind scan ? Which leads me to ask , also , the Platinum does not ?

How about the CoolSats ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

Coolsat has a true blind scan

Viewsat Platinum had a supposed upgrade to blind scan. The Xtreme does but I've heard horror stories of the motor not working right.

I had the original Viewsat and it was...how you say....junk. I don't know if the newer versions are better

Eastcoast said:
I second that.
The Viewsat Platinum's software blindscan is useless IMO, and the Coolsat 5000 works great a far as my experience with it.

Dave

Thanks ,
Wyr

Stay away from Viewsat. I have a Viewsat Platnium. It is an okay box.
But I would rather have the 2500A I gave to my dad when we got his bud going again.

Second that too

RVD420 said:
Stay away from Viewsat. I have a Viewsat Platnium. It is an okay box.
But I would rather have the 2500A I gave to my dad when we got his bud going again.

Or is this 3rd that?

I have the Viewsat Extreme w/ true Hardware blindscan. I purchased it BEFORE discovering this forum.

The Blindscasn works fine but the box has a lot of issues...Poor USALS implimentation, poor PQ meter setup and the "new factory" firmware messed up the real timeclock". It does work and the AC3 is fine.....

After reading here...I am waiting for a New HD Coolsat!

Just say no to Viewsat
jeff

4th that? :)

Know both of them and...

Viewsat Platinum has some kinda "s/w blind scan" - which is useless (in my opinion anyhow) and doesn't do anything ...

Viewsat Xtreme however has "TRUE h/w blind scan" (or so they call it) - which DOES work as far as blind scan is concerned...

(for extra few bucks - like 10 or 15 or so - definatly worth it to go with Xtreme .. (at least you get an extra Toy to play with if want to) :)

Iceberg said:
Coolsat has a true blind scan
Ya it does! .. and i tried it as well...

same with Pansat 2700a .. tried Blindscan on that receiver as well.. (and actually even though not too, too crazy about the unit - i like the way Blindscan works and looks on this machine) :)

I really like my Fortec Mercury II, I have been playing with it for a week now and think its pretty cool. The blind scan seems to work very well, esp if you do a "detailed scan". Takes a little longer than a quick scan but seems to find almost all the active tps.

I have to say that so far my Satworks 3618 seems to have the best blind scan, when I was writing my review for the Mercury II I did some comparision scans and the Satworks found tps that the Fortec and Pansat both missed.

Darkman said:
4th that? :)

(for extra few bucks - like 10 or 15 or so - definatly worth it to go with Xtreme .. (at least you get an extra Toy to play with if want to) :)

Probably would make a fine boat anchor too! If I was not attached to a BUD...would have ditched it long ago!

Hey...2 cups and a string can be used instead of a phone too!:D

Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)