Viewsat Ultra factory file needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Santa Clause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Coastal Maine
I was just given a Viewsat Ultra and it's got hackware and won't run my SG2100 correctly, I am unable to download files from the Sat-guys FTA Firmware section, my computer says empty zip files (Probably issue with my PC settings), was wondering if anyone could tell me where to get the factory firmware. The webs got lots of files but I don't trust them. Thanks

Last edited:
I would not trust any other site from which to download-- just this one. Something to consider, just because you have a 3rd party file in you STB does not mean it is the source of your problem, look else where. Check your connections, switches, etc. What exactly is the problem? With more information maybe someone here can help you. Also, work with your computer and fix the settings, then down load FW from this site-- only. Other sites may, or may not, have malware attached to your file, not only might you make your computer sick, you could kill you Viewsat.

Well guys thanks for your input, when I got the viewsat, a USB thumb drive was included and it had a couple of hack files on it. I installed a couple of them and found one that works decent enough, Still would like factory file tho. Again thanks for your help.

Satguys download section now working for me so I got the factory files, I don't know if the problem was my PC or not but thanks Satguys for archiving the files.

Santa, the factory file didn't work for the AC-3 dolby sound channels until they got the version # of it up into the low 40's, If I remember it right , it was like V.1.43 or something like that. I know I had one about 2yrs, and the hacker file was the only way I had Dolby sound until right there near the time mine blew up (power supply died) lol.

The one I gave in the package already fix the AC3 problem. Its known for the most recent factory with Ac3 correction in it. V.0146

if you are using a "hacker box" like the viewsat ultra, in most cases the hacker software is just as good as, or even BETTER than the factory software....they make the hacker software first and then the factory file is built secondary around it....the factory file is basically a "skeleton" version of the hacker software, and it is only released basically to make the receiver "legal" to sell....

if you are using a "hacker box" like the viewsat ultra, in most cases the hacker software is just as good as, or even BETTER than the factory software....they make the hacker software first and then the factory file is built secondary around it....the factory file is basically a "skeleton" version of the hacker software, and it is only released basically to make the receiver "legal" to sell....

Mikey11,

If what you just said is true, then where can I get a copy of a hacker software, because the viewsat that I bought new long ago has the worst satellite lineup there is. What I am looking for is a software fo the Viewsat Ultra that have a good and up to date satellite information.

The program that came with and are installed in the Viewsat Ultra contains satellites names that are not even shown/listed on Lyngsat or Sathint. I am not trying to hack anything, I am just trying to get some satellites that are current and up to date. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Last edited:
Well, why keep talking about the same???? The file I posted has:

- The latest best known legal factory firm with the AC3 correction
- Viewsat hack traces Cleaner
- Satelite List update (update to the date is was released)
- RS232 Loader in case USB doesn't work
- General Instructions
:sorry:

Well, why keep talking about the same???? The file I posted has:

- The latest best known legal factory firm with the AC3 correction
- Viewsat hack traces Cleaner
- Satelite List update (update to the date is was released)
- RS232 Loader in case USB doesn't work
- General Instructions
:sorry:

Thanks carlospr43 for the reply,

I just went into the receiver information screen and this is what is shows: Bootloader 0.12
Main S/W 1.43
Satellite U006
Checksum Press OK

I believe that the Viewsat hack traces Cleaner program is not needed to be run. The S/W program showing in the program you posted is of version V01.46 PGM. Does the program V01.46 contains the updated satellite list, and can it be installed by itself without screwing up my existing satellite channels list. In other words, will I have to rescan all of the new satellite all over again. If that what it takes, then it has to be done, for what I have right now is not worth a bean.

Thank You.

I am running 1.46 on my ultra and it is the most stable that is available.

You will most likely need to reexamine your satellites, but you should back up your current list before loading. I believe the sat list from 1.43 is compatible with 1.46. I wouldn't trust a sat list from a version prior to 1.43.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Thanks carlospr43 for the reply,

I just went into the receiver information screen and this is what is shows: Bootloader 0.12
Main S/W 1.43
Satellite U006
Checksum Press OK

I believe that the Viewsat hack traces Cleaner program is not needed to be run. The S/W program showing in the program you posted is of version V01.46 PGM. Does the program V01.46 contains the updated satellite list, and can it be installed by itself without screwing up my existing satellite channels list. In other words, will I have to rescan all of the new satellite all over again. If that what it takes, then it has to be done, for what I have right now is not worth a bean.

Thank You.

Avenger
If you go back to the very first request (post) from SantaClause , I was trying to help him with his request. If your box used to be used to hack Fish then you really need to run to erace the traces. This is a very personal step that each one should do it. But it is your decision. 1.43 and U006 in yours should be fine! (for FTA)

Thanks carlospr43 for posting the link to the cleaner file, It does a good job. I don't think I'll keep the Ultra as it doesn't blindscan well with my universal ku lnb, well it only tries to scan the European transponders. It scanned fine with my standard lnb and an old dtv circular on my motorized 1 meter primestar and seemed to find more channels. Once I got the firmware straightened out it controlled the SG2100 better than my Mercury II or my Pansat 2700. The menus were setup well but editing satellites was kind of a pain. It was fun to play with for a couple of evenings but for now I'll stick with the Merc, that is until I upgrade to HD.

Last edited:
I stopped using my Viewsat to control my motor when I resurrected my Sonicview. The Viewsat could do basic motor control with my SG2100, but the Sonicview can make it dance across the skies like an olympic figure skater.

I forgot exactly how I did it but I took an S9 sat list and used channel master I think to make a new list for the Ultra.

Had to export from the S9 editor and import to Channel Master. Then I think I loaded it to the viewsat editor...and saved.

It has been a while back and if I remember right it didn't save no channels...Just sats.

Should have made notes.

Google SharpC channel master and try and find it.

I may have just used the S9 & Ultra Editor. I know it took me 30-45 minutes to figure it out which was way faster than reprogramming by hand. Had 1.46 & U006 also.

Ok, had to install a bunch of stuff but here ya go. A .sat and a .cha file.

They load into the Ultra editor so you can check them out.

Put them on USB and load them.

The files are:

test.cha Ultra Channel List

test.sat Ultra Satellite List

test.sdx The Satcodx file for others to use if their loaders will use it.

Good luck.

Attachments

• test.zip
    47.8 KB · Views: 293
I always built my own satellite list, once you get the sats you want in the box, you can back it up to the USB drive and save. And, it won't wipe out your channels already stored unless you choose to 'factory default' it after loading the new firmware. I liked the menus in the VS too, but for blind scanning it was just a little above average, some low symbol rate feeds it could never find, without manual entry of the information. I never turn my boxes off though, and I suppose that helped contribute to its death!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)