LPBS ??? @ 87w KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, it looks like it. I've got the patient channel at 76% Q and nothing on the 3 LPB's.

I haven't had these dishes long enough to trust them yet. Thank you for the confirmation. Yes, i am able to pull in Patient Channel and Florida channel. Does this happen a lot that things just come and go??

I haven't had these dishes long enough to trust them yet. Thank you for the confirmation. Yes, i am able to pull in Patient Channel and Florida channel. Does this happen a lot that things just come and go??

You're welcome. Around this time of the year the 3 LPB channels do, they're blanked out for sports feeds to air, if I remember right. They'll come back up either later tonight or tomorrow.

Channels do come and go, but but for the most part, most stuff seems to stay up pretty good.

Yeah, I found this same thing out a few weeks ago. Stupidball = total blackout of LPBS channels.

It’s beyond my scope of comprehension as to why they would do such a boneheaded thing as to blackout PBS channels because of a stupid ball game.

because the PBS feeds are a BACKUP. The main way they feed the different stations is fibre. There may be some podunk cable company that uses the satellite feed but I'm sure most cable co's use either OTA or fibre from the particular tower.
The sports feeds they have to use a transponder.....so why not use an existing one? LPB loans out (subleases) it to companies.

Reactions: eurosport
and its only been going on for damn 4+ years now...lets see I havent lived in my house in 2 and for 2 years before that folks complained about it...so yeah 4 years

edit: went back through old threads and in late 2010 it started (back when LPB was on 125W)

There also is this on there. I remember getting this every now and then

LAtv / Alternate Satellite Coordinates:

• Satellite: SES-2
  • Transponder: 5K
  • DL Polarity: Horizontal
  • DL Frequency: 11803.750 MHz
  • L-Band: 1053.750 MHz
  • Modulation: DVB-S2
  • Constellation: 8PSK
  • FEC: 3/5
  • Symbol Rate: 1.25 MSym/s
  • Pilot: On
  • Roll off: 20%
  • Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC, SD

Yeah ok. I didn’t know the politics behind the LPBS stuff. I’ve never been able to get LPBS reliably before due to my PC not recognizing the 3/5 FEC (zero reception) and my motorized dish being misaligned making LPBS almost impossible to receive on my MicroHD. It’s only within the last month or so that I’ve been able to get the channel reliably enough to even bother with it. New STB, new meter, properly aligned dish.

Obviously I am not a sports fan, at all, so I know absolutely nothing about any sort of deals they have going on with satellite/cable/OTA companies.

I suppose it’s only a matter of time before fiber kills satellite.

They're back up now!

I'm not a sports fan either, didn't know the LPBs were a backup. The blanking out doesn't really bother me cause I get a lot of PBS OTA and on 125W and 103 C Band. If 87W was my only source, then it would bother me! :D

I haven't seen LPB since they moved. Didn't see the point since I already had a dish at 125 with plenty of PBS still there.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I haven't seen LPB since they moved. Didn't see the point since I already had a dish at 125 with plenty of PBS still there.

LPB 2 has some PBS Kids stuff that the other ones don't (at the time when I had FTA....2 years ago....they had Peep and the Big Wide World)
Also Oklahoma, Montana and Louisiana PBS stations do have some local programs that arent on the "main" PBS stations. When I had Directv we had 2 different PBS stations and there were some local programs on the Bemidji PBS station (also a 30 minute M-F newscast) that Minneapolis didnt have. Bemidji is 200 miles from Minneapolis but still in the DMA.
Conversely TPT (Twin Cities Public TV) had a 1 hour news program (almanac) on Friday nights.

Cool. Yeah we get local PBS from WUFT in Gainesville and WFSU in Tallahassee, they carry the kids stuff plus other local content. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)