Status
Please reply by conversation.

quasimodem

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Marlow, New Hampshire
Hi
While scanning for new channels, I've run into a problem with my VSUltra...here's what happens:
when I attempt to "add a new tp" in the channels search mode, I cannot get the "little window" that you can enter the new data in to open. there is a red button on the remote to press to open this option. instead, when I press the button the signal strength bar goes to "0", and returns when I take my finger off the button.
also, when I rescan a current satellite, the scan ends abruptly before the new channels are saved. it doesn't happen on all satellites, but I cannot set up and scan new satellites.
I've thought to do a factory reset but am concerned that I will lose all the satellites I do have and, if it doesn't fix things, I'll have no way to recover.
any suggestions greatly appreciated.
~Q

Sounds like your receiver is close to overloading-have you deleted the unused transponders from the satellite's list already? A good cleaning will usually clear up weird problems.
Also, can't you save the channel list to a usb thumbdrive? If clearing out the empty tps doesn't work, a reset may be your only alternative. I had one of those things for about 2yrs, but I don't recall it doing that exactly, but it did show some strange behaviour if I forgot to keep the unused transponders/channels cleared out of it.

thanks turbosat-
the problem exsists even with a new added satellite with no transponders listed yet. I found the method for saving settings to usb, think I'll try that.
here's the procedure, for any one interested:

How To save Channel info & Sat info from receiver to USB How To:

Insert USB in receiver
for saving channel list:
press MENU > SYSTEM INFORMATION > RECEIVER UPGRADE > Channel > Select device > USB > Start Transfer
for saving Satellite list:
press MENU > SYSTEM INFORMATION > RECEIVER UPGRADE > Satellite > Select device > USB > Start Transfer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)