Viewtech countersues Echostar

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi all, hey - I thought no hack talk was allowed on this forum ;-)

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. Seems to me DN is going about this all wrong. Instead of going after receiver manufactures, dealers and other forums with legal action and making everybody unhappy maybe they should be trying to convert some of the non paying users to paying customers.

How? What about offering a discount version of there service to people that can set there own equipment up. Offer web/forum only customer service to the discounters.

Let people select their own receivers instead of being forced to use some big ugly and hot vampire like my ViP 222. Take a cue from the VOIP companies for example allow BYOD.

Got to run, DC

Us viewsat owners should sue VS to make them pay for putting such crummy tuners in these things. I paid top dollar for the newest with the mostest, back when the Ultras came out, thinking all that high-Mhz processors and loads of memory meant the best sensitivity and blind-scan. Once I got smart enough to know how it worked, I find it won't pick up any feed with a symbol rate below about 2600, though it does really well on those DBS channels with the 20000 to 30000 symbol rates. Wonder why, hehe. I can't believe how green I was when I chose that model, I had no clue they were being used for a totally different purpose.

Sorry to here about your poor luck with your Ultra. I have a 1st generation Platinum and it works great. No issues at all with lower SR. I almost opted for and now wish I had, an Extreme [hw blind scan capable] but didnt. I got a famliy member into Ku FTAing, and he did get an Extreme so periodicly I go over to his house, pan the sky and bs the birds and then copy his channel list to a usb stick to ul back to mine when I get home....lol. Beats the heck out of waiting for the Plat to scan....it's SLOOOW! Being about 2 1/2+ years newer than mine, perhaps the Ultras were designed/built with less TLC considering the "market demand" when they came out.
Have you tried to build a channel list using the Channelmaster proggy based on the FTA lists out there? Maybe if it misses locking durring a bs it will lock if the channel data is already present, just a bit slower. Just a thought.
I also have a Coolsat 6000 that is every bit as good as the VS and is worlds quicker than the VS for blind scan. Channelmaster also supports it's channel list format. It should be pretty simple, but I've not taken time to play around with transposing the info from one format to the other.
I'm thinking about getting a Sonicview pvr capable dual tuner as my next FTA box. If it's as good as these other two rice boxes, I think I'll be pleased.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts