Vin Diesel Basically Confirms He'll Play Inhuman Leader Black Bolt For Marvel

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Vin Diesel Basically Confirms He'll Play Inhuman Leader Black Bolt For Marvel http://news.yahoo.com/vin-diesel-basically-confirms-hell-play-inhuman-105906432.html
For as long as we’ve known Vin Diesel would be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, rumours have circulated that he’d be playing more than one character.The world loved him as Groot in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ and now he has essentially confirmed that his second role will be as Black Bolt, leader of the Inhumans.In an interview with io9, Diesel said: “I can totally be something [else] with Marvel,. I think playing [Groot] only makes Marvel that much more excited and me having my experience with Marvel, seeing how great they were, makes me more excited.”Things get interesting with what he says next.“We’ve heard a lot of talk about Marvel wanting to have me play a character that doesn’t have my voice. So my voice is used for Groot and my presence is used for the other character.”His first role as Groot won him a lot of fans, but his lack of physical presence in the movie (we’re now imagining Diesel in a tree-man costume) and extremely limited vocabulary easily opens him up for another role.Why we’re so certain that he’ll be playing Black Bolt is because the character’s abilities render him mostly mute. Bolt’s voice - even a whisper - has the power to unleash great destructive power, which is why he is mostly silent.The character is most likely to appear in the 'Inhumans’ movie set for release in 2019. That film will focus on an community of humans whose dormant abilities have been awakened, resulting in society shunning them.Black Bolt is the leader of the Inhumans, and the likely star of such a movie. Diesel is a perfect fit for the character given his distinct voice and presence, so it seems like a great match to us.'Inhumans’ is set for release on 12 July 2019.

Why Inhumans Has To Happen For The Future Of Marvel http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...-inhuman-leader-black-bolt-for-marvel.354082/
Last Friday, only a day after Marvel announced Ant-Man and The Wasp and their changed Phase Three plans, a rumor hit that that Inhumans was going to be removed from the release schedule. This was later debunked by other outlets, and until Marvel says otherwise, the film is still set to be released in 2019. This is likely pleasing news to a select group of fans, but for everyone else, they’re probably wondering what the big deal is. After all, Marvel has barely given any updates on this project’s progression, so what does it matter if a movie four years away doesn’t get made? To put it simply, not only has Marvel dedicated too much energy already in setting these characters up, but their overall presence is key to the MCU’s future.As a basic refresher for the uninitiated, the Inhumans are a group of superpowered people that have lived on Earth for millennia. Their ancestors were humans experimented on by the Kree, to be weapons in their war against the Skrulls, and after the Kree abandoned the experiment and left Earth, these ancestors formed their own civilization in seclusion from the rest of the world. Unlike mutants, who are naturally gifted from birth, a person with Inhuman genes is empowered or transformed when exposed to the Terrigen Mist. Movie audiences were introduced to the Kree in Guardians of the Galaxy, but because Inhumans was the last movie revealed at Marvel’s original Phase Three announcement, it was assumed at first that there wouldn’t be any setup for them until several years down the line.That changed last December during the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2’s midseason finale, when it was revealed that an artifact called the Obelisk actually contained a Terrigen crystal within. When lead character Skye (a.k.a. Daisy Johnson) and minor antagonist Raina were exposed to the Mist, their inner Inhuman abilities were awakened, while Skye’s teammate Tripp was petrified by the Obelisk's outer casing when its fragments struck him. In the second half of the season, Skye met more Inhumans, like her guide Lincoln Campbell and her birth mother Jiaying, the latter of whom led an Inhuman settlement called Afterlife. Season 3 of the ABC series is further exploring Inhumans as more of them emerge across the globe thanks to some pesky Terrigen crystal remnants finding their way into fish oil tablets. However, it’s the movie that will be able to unleash the Inhumans' full potential.

Vin Diesel (Once Again) Teases Black Bolt Role http://news.yahoo.com/vin-diesel-once-again-teases-black-bolt-role-182423402.html
It looks as though Vin Diesel really can’t keep his mouth shut… a trait which isn’t quite so desirable for the role of Black Bolt in Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’.During an interview with IGN, the 48-year-old actor discussed the opportunity to play another Marvel character… and once more hinted at his involvement with ‘Inhumans’.“It would be… put it this way, when Kevin Feige started talking to me about… who would ever think? A voice for one thing and presence for another would be pretty genius – it’d be pretty genius. Whenever my father sends me an email, at the end of it he says ‘stay human’ – and it’s cool and beautiful, but what is he really trying to say. Is he trying to say I’ve been affected by Terrigen Mist? Does he want to cocoon me again?”‘Inhumans’ follows a group of super-powered beings who live in secret here on Earth. Created by an alien race known as the Kree, they were formed by splicing Eternal DNA into early European modern humans.Gaining powers after exposure to the Terrigen Mists, they are considered an offshoot of the human race… and have already debuted on TV in Marvel’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’.And Vin Diesel’s ‘rumoured’ character Black Bolt is one of the most powerful.Black Bolt is one of the Inhuman Royal Family – the group generally known as The Inhumans. His signature power is the quasi-sonic scream, which he is only able to control by not speaking at all. Able to level an entire city with merely a whisper, he remains mostly mute to avoid harming those around him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)