Vinyl Collectors out there?

I guess my question got lost in the thread but here is the answer. Back then Bose 901's where very popular and expensive. I blind folded people and ask what set of speakers sounded better. I would switch back and forth from the 901's and the HPM-100's. The HPM 100's always won. 901 owners would always be shocked. Pioneer HPM-100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia obtw all we had back then was vinyl.

On the subject of vintage speakers. Anyone remember these?

NightRyder

Attachments

• Ess_12.JPG
    Ess_12.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 244
ESS AMT Heil Monitors. :D. The ones in the picture are AMT 1a; I have a set of AMT 3 Rock Monitors (pic) they are the surround speakers in my current H/T

ESS amt-monitor

NightRyder

Attachments

• Bruce HT 5.jpg
    Bruce HT 5.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 208
I never really did vinyl. I probably had 20 albums. I went all CD. I have a ton of CDs, but I do not really buy many any more. I bought some itunes, but it was way too compressed for serious listening, so I confined it to the car. Now I use slacker in the car to get a lot more variety than my owned collection. It is surprising a couple thousand tracks becomes old after a while.

I am going to have to figure out what to do with my main system some day. The old stuff does not do the new audio. It is still great for CDs though. I have Mark Levinson equipment that is now pretty old (10 years). I do not know what to do yet. The equipment I have was pretty expensive, but now is dated.

I have 3 sets of B&W speakers. I really like that brand. I have 2 projection TV setups with surround, and my more serious now just CD listening set.

I collect old albums. I love them. The work that went into the covers etc. My first album was Captain Fantastic by Elton John (Check out the extras they put in that album on the photo attached. ) My record player just died and I just found a bunch of really cool records at a Estate sale ( see photo) From 1945 and it appears to be a personal recording made in New York city. I have about 20 of them . When I get another player I will get it and record the sound for everyone to hear. It could be people talking or singing . I don't know yet20100305-CFBDC-P1030381-11 - Copy.jpg20120430_161115[1].jpg

have a nice collection of vinyl, mostly classic rock and jazz. at one time, i probably had close to 500 albums. i probably have close to 200 right now. am using a stanton dj turntable.

Still have some of my 12" singles from my dj days in the 90s.

Techno House Tribal Industrial .. Disco too.

Too bad I sold my decks about 10 years ago. A pair of black 1210MK3

Best memories about them DJ days... the WOMEN that worship Disc Jocks..

Wooooohooooo :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My brother was an audiophile. Had a massive vinyl collection of classic rock, jazz, and reggae. He digitized a lot of them before he passed and I managed to get copies of it all. :) 20,000 tracks of some great stuff. It's fun queing up a song list and spending a few hours with some fond memories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)