Vip 211 Droupouts

dahauss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Hopefully someone can help.. I am using the optical audio connection from my VIP211 to my receiver and within the past 2 months I have been getting random audio drop-outs. I'll be wathing a show.. SD or HD and the audo will cut out and then come back on. Video is fine. Does anyone know why? how do I resolve this?? I do not notice this on my other unit which is hooked up with regular RCA cables...

Thanks...

Samehere. I also have a VIP211 with an Optical hookup. I notice it after the last software update.

I am having the same problem. E* tech support said it was a software issue. I think when they fixed the sync problem, they created a different problem. They say they are working on a fix but don't know when it will happen.

I have it to some degree on my ViP622. I just press the skip back button and that usually recovers the sound.

I have the same problem on my 211, but I've noticed a pattern. The first dropout happens about 1 second after I switch to a new channel (even OTA), then about 10 seconds later I get another one. I occasionally get one later on, but not very often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)