VIP 211 K Purchase

So if an ebay seller is selling a receiver new in the box should I still check the R00 and S19 numbers? I still haven't bought one. : / I'd rather buy one local but I don't see anyone that sells them. :confused:

Where are these people on ebay getting NIB receivers?
They could be a retailer

Look at their feedback. If they have a proven track record, I don't usually ask for the numbers, but it can't hurt to check anyway.
yup. When I got my 211 it was NIB so I didnt worry

Guess its not aimed right. How do I get to the setup menu? When I press menu nothing happens.

accessing VIP 211K dish Point menu

I've looked in the other threads and I see it says menu 6,1,1 but it won't go into the menu screen. Its stuck at downloading software but since I'm not on the right satellite its not gonna happen.

I've looked in the other threads and I see it says menu 6,1,1 but it won't go into the menu screen. Its stuck at downloading software but since I'm not on the right satellite its not gonna happen.

Have you tried unplugging it?

I'd leave it unplugged for at least 5 mins.

When it does acquire a signal how long does it usually take for the download? It goes to searching..... and then says it can't find anything but it takes so long I'm never gonna get it aimed today.

a brand new receiver when you first plug it in should kick you to the dish aiming screen

If it says searching for signal and 5 bars press menu right away. You can get into the point dish screen then (6-1-1)
Are you aiming a EA or WA dish? Reason I say that is make sure you have the right satellite and transponder in the setup (not a spotbeam)

a brand new receiver when you first plug it in should kick you to the dish aiming screen

If it says searching for signal and 5 bars press menu right away. You can get into the point dish screen then (6-1-1)
Are you aiming a EA or WA dish? Reason I say that is make sure you have the right satellite and transponder in the setup (not a spotbeam)

EA.

Had to stop I am being attacked by beetles. :rolleyes:

I used a Acutrac 22 Pro to find a signal I get 70.5 ish but I haven't found the right spot yet. Normally I would get in the 90's using this meter is this normal for the 72.7 sat?

Unplugged over 5 minutes. first screen is download screen. : / Menu button does nothing.

EA.

Had to stop I am being attacked by beetles. :rolleyes:

I used a Acutrac 22 Pro to find a signal I get 70.5 ish but I haven't found the right spot yet. Normally I would get in the 90's using this meter is this normal for the 72.7 sat?

can it do Turbo 8PSK? Thats what 72 satellite is
You might want to try 61.5
I know there is some QPSK transponders there