mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the Dish Tech Portal:

07/05/2006: 1100 Software Version L2.68 for ViP 211/DISH 411

Effective Thursday, July 6th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.68 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.68 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

I hope this one does something to fix the caller ID functionality, so it works like the 811.

I've been having some audio loss with the last software update. I hope they get their act together and fix the new problems that they are introducing with these updates.

Please oh please let them support DD5.1 or 6 channel linear PCM over the HDMI port. I want to get rid of the optical cable so bad. I really think they can do it in software.

My local WB has been out of sync since I went from my 811 to the 211. Got the update and it is still out of sync. My other ota hd locals would lose sync a bit every now and again, a reboot would fix it. Reboot never has fixed WB20 out of Knoxville. The sd from dish is one of the most unwatchable sd feeds I have ever seen. It is in sync on the sd feed from dish, the pic is just realy, realy bad. The sync is out on WB at times more than 1 sec +! Never had that problem before the 211. So now I know it did not fix anything I'm wondering what they screwed up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)