Vip-211 wont pick up any OTA stations!

JamesMck

Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem before, or could give a possible solution before I call tech support.
To give some history, this vip211 receiver replaced a 811 which the OTA tuner worked fine. I made sure the antenna is connected correctly but, I don't
even get a blip of signal.
Does the Vip 211 have to be activated separately for OTA capability, or should it be like the former 811 or my Vip 622 ???

Thanks in advance for any help before I call Tech Support. :)
JamesMcK

I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem before, or could give a possible solution before I call tech support.
To give some history, this vip211 receiver replaced a 811 which the OTA tuner worked fine. I made sure the antenna is connected correctly but, I don't
even get a blip of signal.
Does the Vip 211 have to be activated separately for OTA capability, or should it be like the former 811 or my Vip 622 ???

Thanks in advance for any help before I call Tech Support. :)
JamesMcK

Did you do a scan of "local channels" in System Support?

The 811 could receive both analog and digital channels, IIRC. The 211 and 622 only get the digitals. Did you have digital channels before with the 811? If so you should be able to receive them with the 211. Also - make sure the antenna input is set for "Off Air" vs. "Cable" as well.

FWIW, I had both an 811 and 622 active at the same time. The OTA tuner in the 811 seemed ro be superior to that of the 622. (I haven't tried my 211's OTA tuner yet...)

Thanks, for the replies to my questions. Yes I did a channel scan and I didn't
get anything. I was getting 4 digital stations with subchannels before on the
dish 811 receiver.
I don't think I checked to see if locals were set to cable or OTA, so this may be it . I don't remember what the 811 was set on but I only received digitals.

Thanks, again :)
JamesMcK

Problem fixed!

The 211 was set to cable and when I changed it my problem was fixed !

Thanks for the help..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)