VIP-211K Receiver + Dish 500 / Can't get any t.v. stations to show up

If you have a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB like the picture you originally posted, you should not get a check switch that runs 30something checks. In my experience that usually indicates you have a bad connector, barrel connector, ground block, or cable somewhere between the receiver and LNB.

you will get 38 checks if it cant lock any satellites ;)

you will get 38 checks if it cant lock any satellites ;)

Not if his receiver is connected to a DPP lnbf. A DPP Twin "Check Switch" will allways do the "1 of 3", "2 of 3", "3 of 3" thing, it will just take longer to complete if it's aimed incorrectly. His symtoms indicate that the connection between the dish and the receiver has been compromised or he has a faulty piece of equipment.

2012-11-13 11.35.22.jpgthe dish is pointed south west at the moment and this is where we originally got t.v. This is what we picked up now.

2012-11-13 11.54.02.jpgOk I lowered the dish from 48 and this is what I got! finally picked up 110. the strength is 50+. Is this enough to watch local? or do i need to find 119?? I'm not to sure how this stuff works.

Update: When I turned on the receiver it did the "acquiring signal" with the 5 green bars and that went by in 30 seconds and then it did the "downloading program guide" and after that it resets the receiver and starts that process all over again. If I go to menu and then program guide it gives me an error saying I should unplug my receiver for 10 seconds and try again.

The Dish500 only gets the 110/119 so you are all set. You only need 129 if you are going to watch HD programming. But, you need a dish1000 for that.

Well we my grandpa added his to his service and we got the receiver and were using our old dish 500. So them hooking it up isn't going to work i dont think. We had t.v. before then lost from a storm.. why isn't it coming in now??

If you would like Cody, we can take a look at your account for you so we get this resolved. If you want to send me a PM with the phone number on the account we can further assist you.

VIP211K No channels are showing

Ok I have the VIP211K and Dish 500. I did the check switch and 119 and 110 are OK and green. Why cant we see any t.v. shows?? I can change the channel. When I change it nothing pops up on the top to let me know (I.e. screen stays black and no numbers pop up)
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Cody

CodyRosa said:
Ok I have the VIP211K and Dish 500. I did the check switch and 119 and 110 are OK and green. Why cant we see any t.v. shows?? I can change the channel. When I change it nothing pops up on the top to let me know (I.e. screen stays black and no numbers pop up)
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Cody

When was the last time you used this receiver? Try resetting the box and if that doesn't do it you may need a signal sent from a DISH csr.

New Hopper install with Joey on S271?

Dish iPad app not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts