VIP-211K Receiver + Dish 500 / Can't get any t.v. stations to show up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CodyRosa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Finlayson, Minnesota
2012-11-12 16.33.06.jpg2012-11-12 16.33.26.jpgES8159_And_Dish500_LRG.jpg The third is the one we have. I have the cord going into "port 1", I also have a satellite finder hooked up at the moment and this is what we got.. Locked - Echostar 129 W.
Also my next question is shouldn't the stations (3,4,5,9,29 etc.) be showing up in the program guide? All I see is like 9000+ and that's it. We were able to watch t.v. at one point and then we lost it and have not had it sense.
While finding signal we have yet to see the 110 pop up and whenever we have the satellite on the t.v. set to 110 it shows up as the echostar 129 and never 110 or 119 satellites.

Any help leading us in the right direction would be helpful!

Thanks everyone,

Cody

Welcome!

something isnt right....129W transponder 1 is a spotbeam that doesnt cover your location (it is for Des Moines IA) so it shouldn't be showing any signal

Best thing to do is rerun the check switch and see what it shows in that screen. If it picks up any satellites it will tell you. It really sounds like you are too far west and are getting 129 on the 119 slot and 119 on the 110 slot. That is why you arent getting any locals

If the check switch shows 129 & 119 when done then the dish needs to be moved a smidge east and up a little bit

Finlayson huh? I hit a deer on 18 going out of Finlayson a few years ago heading to Mille Lacs ;)

38 is what it does for the older style LNB's (the old Legacy types)....so when its done it probably wont show all satellites. Hopefully it finds something

Has the dish been setup properly before?

One thing to note is the 211k is real slow to acknowledge a signal when aiming (I had one last year when I had Dish) so once we get the check switch results then we can figure out where to aim next

nah wouldnt be that. If the dish is aimed properly the check switch will find the right satellites and set it up to work

I guess my last message didn't go through. We did watch t.v. on it before about a month ago and then lost signal from a storm and were never able to find the signal again. I did reset to factory settings today. Is that why there were 38 tests?2012-11-12 17.19.41.jpg

well you're not aimed at any satellite then (which is what I figured when it went to 38 tests)

Best thing to do is this...
in the setup menu (menu 6-1-1) select satellite 119 transponder 21 (you can manually select them)
Also make sure the cable from the LNB to the receiver is in the port 1 slot and not the "LNB IN" on the LNB...also in the sat in slot on the receiver

now you will have to try and aim the dish...make sure to move in small increments and wait a few seconds for the receiver to acknowledge if there is a signal. If it picks up a signal from any satellite it should register on the meter

Oh yea everything that you've said is what he have had. we had 32 and the azimuth or whatever was 210. Thats where I picked up that 129. Should we go east then? I already had my line going to port 1 as well.

If you have a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB like the picture you originally posted, you should not get a check switch that runs 30something checks. In my experience that usually indicates you have a bad connector, barrel connector, ground block, or cable somewhere between the receiver and LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts