VIP 222 and 722 Receivers

richiephx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
In the E* specs for the VIP 222/722 MPEG4 receivers they include the following information:

TV1 display supports four resolutions:
480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
SD content is up-converted.
HD and SD output is simultaneous.

It says SD content is up-converted. This statement is not included in the specs for the 211 or 622 receivers. My question is....will you get an improved SD picture with the newer receivers vs the 211/622?

Am I right in understanding that on the 722 there are actually 3 tuners? 2 Sat channel tuners and one OTA tuner?
Does that mean that you can record 1 SD and 1 HD Sat channel and 1 OTA HD or SD channel all at the same time?

Also, where can I find out what all is available with the VOD feature on the 722?

Thanks

Am I right in understanding that on the 722 there are actually 3 tuners? 2 Sat channel tuners and one OTA tuner?
Does that mean that you can record 1 SD and 1 HD Sat channel and 1 OTA HD or SD channel all at the same time?

Also, where can I find out what all is available with the VOD feature on the 722?

Thanks

Yes, but you can record 2 sat(HD or SD) and 1 OTA at the same time.

VOD hasn't kicked off yet.

OK, so does that mean that I can record a HD sat, a SD sat and a HD/SD OTA all three at the same time?

Guess that explains why I can't find any info on what is going to be on the VOD. What is the projections on VDO? Is the 722 the only receiver that will handle VDO?

Thanks again

OK, so does that mean that I can record a HD sat, a SD sat and a HD/SD OTA all three at the same time?

Not exactly. On the 2 sat tuners you can do any combo of HD or SD at the same time.(2 hd, or 2 sd or 1 of each)

The OTA tuner is ATSC only so the only SD you will get is digital.

Sorry to sound stupid, but I don't know what you mean by ATSC on the OTA tuner. I get my local channels through an OTA antenna whose cable goes into the Sat receiver so I get HD. So if I am recording them, what tuner am I using? The OTA tuner must receive HD because that is what I use it for.

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)